• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cello

and the Billie Jean MV reached 1B on YouTube earlier this year! :party:

200.gif

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Roseblud Kisses

So does that make it the most streamed 80s song?

Because from the 70s it is ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen, from the 90s it’s ‘Wonderwall’ by Oasis and from the 2000s it is ‘Mr Brightside’ by The Killers. 

It’s interesting that it took the 80s the longest to reach one billion, even though I feel that it is almost everyone’s favourite decade for music overall. 

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

Cello
1 minute ago, CRUISING said:

So does that make it the most streamed 80s song?

Because from the 70s it is ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, from the 90s it’s ‘Wonderwall’ by Oasis and from the 2000s it is ‘Mr Brightside’ by The Killers. 

It’s interesting that it took the 80s the longest to reach one billion, even though I feel that it is almost everyone’s ‘s 

I think it might be Don't Stop Believing by Journey

(Glee ha impact)

Roseblud Kisses
3 minutes ago, Cello said:

I think it might be Don't Stop Believing by Journey

(Glee ha impact)

Also interesting that rock music dominates past decades (including the 2000s), whereas from the 2010s till now the highest streamed songs are very rap dominated.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

PartySick

It's about time :madge:

MJ's kinda seen a bump in popularity lately for some reason. He moved from the 90th most streamed to the 66th (now with 31 million monthly listeners), Dangerous reentered the album charts for the first time since 2009, and now Billie Jean crossed this milestone.

I'm here for it :whitney:

A new MJ show is about to hit Broadway too :whitney:

The way Moonwalkers are being lowkey fed. Now all we need is Dangerous 30 with late 80s/early 90s demos and outtakes along with a proper release of the Dangerous Tour rehearsal videos and we'll be set :vegas:

🖤

1 hour ago, Cello said:

and the Billie Jean MV reached 1B on YouTube earlier this year! :party:

200.gif

the song is so iconic that the melodies became too iconic to my ear and didn't seem to be making any kind of impact to me. But when you let it marinate for a few years and u listen to it, daaaaaaaaamn how good it is, it's fresh again

Cello
1 minute ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

the song is so iconic that the melodies became too iconic to my ear and didn't seem to be making any kind of impact to me. But when you let it marinate for a few years and u listen to it, daaaaaaaaamn how good it is, it's fresh again

it sounds so perfect to my ears, the ultimate pop song :firega:

PartySick
20 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I've always liked the live versions more tbh. Especially when a slap bass is used and the intro is extended :bradley:

These MJ fan channels should be paying me for how often I share their stuff :bear:

I remember someone he worked with said he always wanted to change the live routine for Billie Jean but felt he couldn't because the MTV performance kinda cemented certain things about it. It was so iconic that it trapped him into doing the same routine for nearly 30 years :bradley:

🖤

Ugh it should be some much more, why won't the boomers and millenials subscribe to streaming servicesssssaaaaaaaaaaa

Cello
36 minutes ago, Red said:

Ugh it should be some much more, why won't the boomers and millenials subscribe to streaming servicesssssaaaaaaaaaaa

Well at least Thriller is still the best selling album worldwide, and I doubt anything will top that :)

Justin Drew Bieber
25 minutes ago, Cello said:

Well at least Thriller is still the best selling album worldwide, and I doubt anything will top that :)

Do you happen to know its sales? I always see 60M-90M lol

Cello
Just now, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Do you happen to know its sales? I always see 60M-90M lol

I think it's supposed to be around 70M

Archived