politics

Germany debuts new government + coalition contract

Supersonic

Featured Posts

KORG
36 minutes ago, Economy said:

Its 2021

U really think youth culture and tendencies vary THAT significantly from one Western Nation to another?

As some who lived in Portugal (and visists frequently still) and now lives in Canada, 2 Countries that once upon a time had very different cultures I can tell you with full confidence that differences in tendencies and mentalities (especially among younger generations especially) is becoming increasingly subtle and negligeable

Youth culture does indeed vary that greatly between Europe & America.

The age of consent has always been lower here, drinking age, gambling age included.

Generally Europeans reach an age of competence & maturity more quickly than in the states.

Besides which, 16 year old dont have the vote in America and look what a catastrophe they regularly go through.

• Thanks 1
TheSlash
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'm extremely jealous of Germany right now :bradley:

Don't be. Our government has failed yet again to contain Miss Rona and now we are in our 4th lockdown with incidences of over 1,000 in numerous regions :vegas:  (especially where I live in Saxony, bc here, many are extreme Anti-Vaxxers for nonsensical reasons :enigma: ).

Join my megarate for Billie Eilish's discography!
  • Like 1
PartySick
17 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Don't be. Our government has failed yet again to contain Miss Rona and now we are in our 4th lockdown with incidences of over 1,000 in numerous regions :vegas:  (especially where I live in Saxony, bc here, many are extreme Anti-Vaxxers for nonsensical reasons :enigma: ).

Still sounds better than Florida :bear: at least y'all are locking down aka doing anything to prevent the spread. We're at a low in Florida compared to the past few months but that still translates to about 1,500 daily cases and that's assuming the state government is actually reporting the numbers correctly while they do everything legally possible to stop any kind of mask or vaccine mandate :deadbanana:

61% of Floridians are fully vaccinated compared to Germany's 68% too :rip:

Dr. M.J. Shamona, Ph.Dheehee 🩺⚕️
Debithius
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

Still sounds better than Florida :bear: at least y'all are locking down aka doing anything to prevent the spread. We're at a low in Florida compared to the past few months but that still translates to about 1,500 daily cases and that's assuming the state government is actually reporting the numbers correctly while they do everything legally possible to stop any kind of mask or vaccine mandate :deadbanana:

I am flying to Florida in two weeks to visit my boyfriend, is it still as bad as it was last winter? 

Edited by Debithius
TheSlash
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

1,500 daily cases

200.gif

Germany has over 60,000 daily cases

200.gif

But let's just stop arguing about who has it worse with Miss Rona, pls :bear: .

Join my megarate for Billie Eilish's discography!
  • Like 2
PartySick
33 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

1,500 daily cases

200.gif

200.gif

Oh :air:

I thought the 1,000 you cited was the daily cases :air:

Nevermind, good luck :air:

• LMAO 3
PartySick
1 hour ago, Debithius said:

I am flying to Florida in two weeks to visit my boyfriend, is it still as bad as it was last winter? 

Nah, it's better but the people are still as annoying as ever with rona stuff :huntyga:

Supersonic
21 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

Ok 

wtf

this is amazing

Berlin has the same living cost as Lisbon, and in Lisbon… minimum wage is not even 5€ per hour…

5€ is WAY to f'cking low for a European capital, what the f*ck :air: But also... 12€ per hour is still not liveable here because the cost of living is so high (mainly rent, internet & transportation), especially because we have the biggest low wage sector of all economies in the EU (450€ jobs, midi jobs, part-timers). They way they're tying to implement it to that sector right now is basically: You get more money per hour, but at the same time you're not allowed to make more money than you previously did. So the rest gets either written up as overtime or you have to work less, but you're still expected to have the same productivity.

2 hours ago, TheSlash said:

1,500 daily cases

200.gif

200.gif

Everytime I drive to work my stomach turns because I know that if I was to get into a car crash, no ambulance would come to pick me up anymore

laughing-funny.gif

• Thanks 1
PrettyLilMonster
21 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Reducing the voting age to 16?

lol letting dumb teenagers who only care about tiktok decide who rules the country will go down SO well.

There’s studies that show that 16/17 yr. olds are far more politically interested and informed compared to a few years ago.

Love, PLM
PrettyLilMonster
6 hours ago, TheSlash said:

4th lockdown?

Love, PLM
Economy
7 hours ago, PartySick said:

You would have an argument except we've seen the opposite is true :bear:

Teenagers and young adults care for the future enough to be socially and politically active while the 45+ crowd seems hell bent on maintaining a status quo that has nearly a billion starving people on a planet that's (sometimes literally) on fire :rip:

I'll take a "dumb kid" over a conservative geezer any day tbh.

OT: That agenda :bradley: I'm extremely jealous of Germany right now :bradley:

Xoxo, Florida man stuck in a backsliding democracy where we have two political choices: useless or evil :fatcat:

U know politics is f*cked when common sense or intelligence isnt even a factor and its just about being on 1 side of a spectrum or another :deadbanana:

Debithius
5 hours ago, PartySick said:

Nah, it's better but the people are still as annoying as ever with rona stuff :huntyga:

Ah okey, I was bit worried cause flying from Sweden to Florida was a huge change :bear:

Economy
5 hours ago, PrettyLilMonster said:

There’s studies that show that 16/17 yr. olds are far more politically interested and informed compared to a few years ago.

I can also imagine their "informed" natute also being more biased with the internets modern algorithms to constantly recommend what u already respond to

Imo that makes politics increasingly one sided (even more than before) as more and more ppl listen to youtube channels for news that are even less neutral than cable tv

However thats an issue that is spreading to older groups too so its not about 16 year olds specifically but they are at the core as they are raised with those algorithms

Edited by Economy