Featured Posts

Cello

So excited to watch this tomorrow!!!! :excited2:

Thanks all for hiding the spoilers in this thread :nick:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

MaybeKermit
15 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:
  Hide contents

Storywise, to me, it becomes very interesting when Maurizio goes to Switzerland and their relationship changes and Maurizio becomes so frozen. (So it's actually the last 60 minutes of the film)

The way she fights for their relationship... the scene by the Christmas tree was so good too. (When he leans over to kiss her and she thinks he wants to kiss her on the lips but goes for her head instead. That hurt. Her acting was phenomenal.

And I looooved the scene when he introduces her to his friends and she tells them about the Louvre etc. and he's like humiliating her in front of everyone. That was a great scene just like the scene afterwards where they fight.

I completely agree! I always like Gaga's acting in these "intense" scenes, I feel like that's where she shines the most !

Spoiler

I was just a bit confused tbh bcs he turned on her so fast. I understand why tho, but I was like ... oh wait did I miss sth? Why's he acting like this? 

and then I realized that it was bcs he knew about the forged signature etc. they could've made that a bit more clear and there could've been a bigger buildup to him turning cold etc...

MaybeKermit
31 minutes ago, Khepri said:

How much screen time does she have approximately? 

uhmmm maybe like 70-75%?

I read some people say she wasn't that present in the last part, but tbh I didn't notice. She was there the whole time in my mind.

1 hour ago, Funkymonkey said:
Spoiler

I was just a bit confused tbh bcs he turned on her so fast. I understand why tho, but I was like ... oh wait did I miss sth? Why's he acting like this? 

and then I realized that it was bcs he knew about the forged signature etc. they could've made that a bit more clear and there could've been a bigger buildup to him turning cold etc...

Spoiler

I actually have the same complaint. I didn't understand why the hell all of a sudden Maurizio was cold to Patrizia, it's only after in a scene that he explains that he's realized how toxic she is, and manipulative. I wish they went further with this. And I had no idea about all of the other scenes that were missing. Now I'm thinking they couldve cut a big chunk of act 1 if not a little bit of act 2 for all of this chaos in act 3 to shine and end with an impact. 

I found that the ending had zero impact at all. Something was missing, and ive said it before but to me it's also a lack of themes in the story, no perspective from it, or an angle that the writers tried to approach. With all the elements you guys mentioned that i had no idea about in the story, it couldve been greater, much greater.

46 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

uhmmm maybe like 70-75%?

I read some people say she wasn't that present in the last part, but tbh I didn't notice. She was there the whole time in my mind.

What a lot of people say and I totally agree is that

Spoiler

first act you are focused on Patrizia's story then all of a sudden she's not here anymore, especially when Maurizio divorces Patrizia and has this new life with Paola (blonde girl, i think its her name), Gaga is not as present, and then you don't really understand the intense anger she has to the point of madness where she's willing to kill him off. We shouldve had as much focus on Patrizia especially in that time to understand the dynamics of their rship and what she lost as a result 

Linus Gaga
5 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

What a lot of people say and I totally agree is that

Hide contents

first act you are focused on Patrizia's story then all of a sudden she's not here anymore, especially when Maurizio divorces Patrizia and has this new life with Paola (blonde girl, i think its her name), Gaga is not as present, and then you don't really understand the intense anger she has to the point of madness where she's willing to kill him off. We shouldve had as much focus on Patrizia especially in that time to understand the dynamics of their rship and what she lost as a result 

and could be better with transition of character? 

Spoiler

like gaga suddenly became aggressive, adam suddenly doesn't love gaga anymore, and jeremy suddenly died in the coffin

thats why i think it maybe a good idea to make HoG a tv series

Hit me a message and say hi !

4 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

and could be better with transition of character? 

Hide contents
Spoiler

like gaga suddenly became aggressive, adam suddenly doesn't love gaga anymore, and jeremy suddenly died in the coffin

thats why i think it maybe a good idea to make HoG a tv series

This was my thought 100% when i watched it. This shouldve been american crime story: house of gucci, a hundred percent. But it's a good milestone for Gaga bcs of the prestigious cast, and in a tv series i doubt pacino would do it. But story wise yeah oh my god, ten times better, there seemed to be too many elements missing for a cohesive plot 

Can't wait to watch the movie to read and participate on threads,  without fear of getting spoilers :ladyhaha:. Tomorrow it's the day!

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:
  Hide contents

I actually have the same complaint. I didn't understand why the hell all of a sudden Maurizio was cold to Patrizia, it's only after in a scene that he explains that he's realized how toxic she is, and manipulative. I wish they went further with this. And I had no idea about all of the other scenes that were missing. Now I'm thinking they couldve cut a big chunk of act 1 if not a little bit of act 2 for all of this chaos in act 3 to shine and end with an impact. 

I found that the ending had zero impact at all. Something was missing, and ive said it before but to me it's also a lack of themes in the story, no perspective from it, or an angle that the writers tried to approach. With all the elements you guys mentioned that i had no idea about in the story, it couldve been greater, much greater.

exactly...

the story could've had a much bigger impact.

I agree that looking back I can't really tell you what the "theme" of the movie was. Ofc it is about the Gucci murder, but Idk, I felt like they could've focused more on the betrayal of Maurizio-Patrizia more etc and really focus on the build-up towards her killing Maurizio...

pussycat
31 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

exactly...

the story could've had a much bigger impact.

I agree that looking back I can't really tell you what the "theme" of the movie was. Ofc it is about the Gucci murder, but Idk, I felt like they could've focused more on the betrayal of Maurizio-Patrizia more etc and really focus on the build-up towards her killing Maurizio...

Yeh honestly. Could have done less of Paulo and the business stuff, they went too much into detail with that imo

MaybeKermit
7 minutes ago, pussycat said:

Yeh honestly. Could have done less of Paulo and the business stuff, they went too much into detail with that imo

true, it was nice to know he was known as the "stupid" son/cousin, but it didn't really have an added value.

SharkmanthaC
5 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Spoiler

Hide contents

I agree about the pacing... and my biggest problem was that they left out very important facts that happened in real life. The whole time I was waiting for the scene where she gets hit (like in the trailer) and then has to go to hospital, because she's had a brain tumor and Maurizio didn't even visit her. This was crucial to me. I hope there is a longer uncut version on the Blu-Ray that's coming out.

I feel like they had to leave out so many scenes that we saw in the trailer, that they just had to cut it because they were afraid people won't like it because of the length. I personally wouldn't have minded if it was 30 minutes longer.

The most interesting part of the story to me was the last 30-50 minutes. This should've been even longer... it's where the downfall begins and to me that is the true core of the story. The part where she literally goes mad because of what Maurizio has done to her should have been longer and in more detail.

He also changed the locks to their houses and apartments so that Patrizia stood in front of the doors and had nowhere to go with her daughter(s). This wasn't in the movie but I think it's important to understand her rage.

To me Gaga's acting was perfect! It was so natural the whole time... one of my favorite scenes is when they're in the house and Maurizio goes to switzerland and she's asking those people if she can help her and Domenico (Jack) pulls her over and she's like "They took my daughter's shoes" The way she moves her head afterwards... so good!

And also her scenes with Al Pacino - when he says that it's not a girls game - the way she smokes and her facial expressions. :nooo:

And please... the sex scene! I have laughed so hard at this!!! The music and her grunting! :lmao: :ladyhaha: It's so funny - I didn't expect that LOL

Let's hope for an extended cut with the DVD release.

she/her/hers

TipsyGagaFan

I just saw it yesterday with my sister and her boyfriend. I will say that I enjoyed Gaga in this more than ASIB, but the movie itself was quite boring at times, as evidenced by my sister falling asleep and me coming very close myself :yennefer:

I’m tired and angry but somebody should be

Spoiler

Pacing was a huge issues, the cuts from one scene to the next were absolutely horrible because they failed to do what a film is supposed to do: narrate a story. I don't even know how they watched that back and thought it was okay.

The color filter was lame. A dramatic fashion crime drama needed all the colors and saturation it could provide, instead it feels try-hard with the muted faux-vintage effect. If that was the case, they should've went all the way. I'm surprised with the beautiful clothes and set (everything except that terrible young Patrizia wig) how cheap the film looked in some scenes.

You can tell Ridley didn't know what story to tell here. The movie is called House of Gucci, but is supposed to focus mainly on Patrizia's story. However, in the film Ridley goes back and forth with Patrizia's story to the Gucci's story and it felt like we got two separate stories oddly cut and mixed together into one bizarrely narrated film. Gaga was underused in my opinion, and there should have been a heavy focus on her descent into madness as well as her relationship with Pina (who could've used a Leto-level transformation). The only saving grace about this film is the actors, who all (minus Driver who I felt couldn't act his way out of a paper bag and could've been replaced by anyone) delivered and kept the film alive. Gaga did a superb job, she really commands the screen even amidst legends. This is her moment more than anyone's, and it's a shame that a letdown of a film could overshadow her chance at being awarded.

Archived