Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

House Of Gucci: Unpopular Opinion

MaybeKermit

Featured Posts

MaybeKermit

Hi all !!!!

I FINALLLLLY got to see House of Gucci last night. 
Some parts were a bit slow, but they were necessary to understand the whole story tbh...

Some scenes had me laughing in tears... SPOIILER;

Spoiler

I swear the scene with the voicemails that she leaves to MAurizio had me cryinggggggg. I was DEAD, and so were many other. 
Her voice in that scene is so dramatic and it is so funny to see Maurizio and that blonde girl standing there listening to the voicemails :toofunny: 

Also, Gaga in those flashes at the fashion show :toofunny: I loved every second of it, so dramatic and over the top.

Now let's get to the unpopular opinion bit...
1) for me it weren't Gaga + Adam, or Gaga + Jared who stole the show, but Gaga + AL PACINO !!!!
    he was soooooo into his role, and really SOLD his character. So so good.

2) almost everybody says the last 30 mins are the least interesting of the whole movie, but to me that's where the story was a bit more well-paced...?
The first two parts were very good too,but the timeline was weird. It was too abrupt...

Spoiler

like she announced to him that she's pregnant, and 2 scenes after she already gave birth etc...
Or when they went to that house to stay together after the financial police raided their house, suddenly their daughter was like +/- 7y ?

Maybe they could've shown the years or sth to make everything a bit more clear? 

3) Gaga's acting was phenomenal like everybody says, but I felt like her crying could've been better in some parts. It felt a bit too forced sometimes.

All in all, I really liked it, I was surprised by Gaga (like always) and will definitely go see it again <3 

Mother of Puppies

Spoiler

Spoiler

I agree about the pacing... and my biggest problem was that they left out very important facts that happened in real life. The whole time I was waiting for the scene where she gets hit (like in the trailer) and then has to go to hospital, because she's had a brain tumor and Maurizio didn't even visit her. This was crucial to me. I hope there is a longer uncut version on the Blu-Ray that's coming out.

I feel like they had to leave out so many scenes that we saw in the trailer, that they just had to cut it because they were afraid people won't like it because of the length. I personally wouldn't have minded if it was 30 minutes longer.

The most interesting part of the story to me was the last 30-50 minutes. This should've been even longer... it's where the downfall begins and to me that is the true core of the story. The part where she literally goes mad because of what Maurizio has done to her should have been longer and in more detail.

He also changed the locks to their houses and apartments so that Patrizia stood in front of the doors and had nowhere to go with her daughter(s). This wasn't in the movie but I think it's important to understand her rage.

To me Gaga's acting was perfect! It was so natural the whole time... one of my favorite scenes is when they're in the house and Maurizio goes to switzerland and she's asking those people if she can help her and Domenico (Jack) pulls her over and she's like "They took my daughter's shoes" The way she moves her head afterwards... so good!

And also her scenes with Al Pacino - when he says that it's not a girls game - the way she smokes and her facial expressions. :nooo:

And please... the sex scene! I have laughed so hard at this!!! The music and her grunting! :lmao: :ladyhaha: It's so funny - I didn't expect that LOL

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

43 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:
Spoiler

I swear the scene with the voicemails that she leaves to MAurizio had me cryinggggggg. I was DEAD, and so were many other. 

omg same it was so amazing, i laughed so hard

44 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

Maybe they could've shown the years or sth to make everything a bit more clear? 

3) Gaga's acting was phenomenal like everybody says, but I felt like her crying could've been better in some parts. It felt a bit too forced sometimes.

All in all, I really liked it, I was surprised by Gaga (like always) and will definitely go see it again <3 

I agree with u on all these points

I am going to the cinema in 30 hours! :firega: Cant wait :cryga:
I hope that last part of a movie is not gonna be boring like with ASIB :saladga:

7 minutes ago, Kapi08 said:

I hope that last part of a movie is not gonna be boring like with ASIB :saladga:

I am going to the cinema in 69 days! :firega: Cant wait :cryga:

ᴸᵒᵒᵏ, ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳ “ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ”, ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.

8 minutes ago, Kapi08 said:

Stay Strong Promise Me GIF by PENNYWORTH

Drunk Acid Trip GIF by Meow Wolf

ᴸᵒᵒᵏ, ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳ “ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ”, ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.

Linus Gaga

What I think was missing

Spoiler

Accident scene, arrest scene (i heard that she cares about her appearance so she dressed up just for arrest ), funeral (didn't she went to her husband funeral before arrested? ), mugshot scene (although the court scene she looked 100% like patrizia )…

Hit me a message and say hi !

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Spoiler

Hide contents

I agree about the pacing... and my biggest problem was that they left out very important facts that happened in real life. The whole time I was waiting for the scene where she gets hit (like in the trailer) and then has to go to hospital, because she's had a brain tumor and Maurizio didn't even visit her. This was crucial to me. I hope there is a longer uncut version on the Blu-Ray that's coming out.

I feel like they had to leave out so many scenes that we saw in the trailer, that they just had to cut it because they were afraid people won't like it because of the length. I personally wouldn't have minded if it was 30 minutes longer.

The most interesting part of the story to me was the last 30-50 minutes. This should've been even longer... it's where the downfall begins and to me that is the true core of the story. The part where she literally goes mad because of what Maurizio has done to her should have been longer and in more detail.

He also changed the locks to their houses and apartments so that Patrizia stood in front of the doors and had nowhere to go with her daughter(s). This wasn't in the movie but I think it's important to understand her rage.

To me Gaga's acting was perfect! It was so natural the whole time... one of my favorite scenes is when they're in the house and Maurizio goes to switzerland and she's asking those people if she can help her and Domenico (Jack) pulls her over and she's like "They took my daughter's shoes" The way she moves her head afterwards... so good!

And also her scenes with Al Pacino - when he says that it's not a girls game - the way she smokes and her facial expressions. :nooo:

And please... the sex scene! I have laughed so hard at this!!! The music and her grunting! :lmao: :ladyhaha: It's so funny - I didn't expect that LOL

I completely agree about the last part. It was much more interesting to me as well.

OMG, I didn't know about the car scene... I remember seeing a pic of Gaga on the street etc, but now I remember it wasn't in the movie!!!! Wth... could've been so much juicier :/ what a missed opportunity

MaybeKermit
22 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

What I think was missing

Hide contents

Accident scene, arrest scene (i heard that she cares about her appearance so she dressed up just for arrest ), funeral (didn't she went to her husband funeral before arrested? ), mugshot scene (although the court scene she looked 100% like patrizia )…

it could've been so much juicier indeed omg !!!

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, Kapi08 said:

not at all, in fact, like @Mother of Puppiessaid; the last 30-50 minutes were more interesting than the first parts because that's when the more juicy scenes happen !

Mother of Puppies
4 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

not at all, in fact, like @Mother of Puppiessaid; the last 30-50 minutes were more interesting than the first parts because that's when the more juicy scenes happen !

I guess this is personal taste also. I enjoyed the whole movie from start to beginning. The middle part was very interesting too. The scenes without Gaga were the most boring to me & could've been shortened.

MaybeKermit
Just now, Mother of Puppies said:

I guess this is personal taste also. I enjoyed the whole movie from start to beginning. The middle part was very interesting too. The scenes without Gaga were the most boring to me & could've been shortened.

exactly, can't wait to go watch it again and pay more attention to everything !

Mother of Puppies
5 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

exactly, can't wait to go watch it again and pay more attention to everything !

Spoiler

Storywise, to me, it becomes very interesting when Maurizio goes to Switzerland and their relationship changes and Maurizio becomes so frozen. (So it's actually the last 60 minutes of the film)

The way she fights for their relationship... the scene by the Christmas tree was so good too. (When he leans over to kiss her and she thinks he wants to kiss her on the lips but goes for her head instead. That hurt. Her acting was phenomenal.

And I looooved the scene when he introduces her to his friends and she tells them about the Louvre etc. and he's like humiliating her in front of everyone. That was a great scene just like the scene afterwards where they fight.

Archived