achievement

Critics ALL agree: GAGA CARRIES THE MOVIE

GreenDiamond

Featured Posts

GreenDiamond

Looks like our girl is once again bigger than movie itself

house-of-gucci-lady-gaga.gif

CRITICS CONSENSUS

House of Gucci vacillates between inspired camp and dour drama too often to pull off a confident runway strut, but Lady Gaga's note-perfect performance has a timeless style all its own.

Source: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/house_of_gucci

:applause:T:applause:A:applause:B:applause:S

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheSlash

I heard that in general the cast is pretty strong, but the script is garbage :awkney: .

Anyway, ActressGa has a point, she's iconic and she IS the moment :queenga:

Ew, David!

Tyler1992

Holy crap Gaga was PHENOMENAL!!! She stole every scene she was in and I just wanted more of her! She blew me away in the scene where she was waiting outside Maritzios house.

I find I’m much more critical of her in acting because I want her to do her best, and I found myself completely forgetting it’s Gaga!

Bradley
16 minutes ago, Meat said:

FE-eY8xVcAMDOx1?format=jpg&name=medium

We should give up campaigning for Best Picture and just focus on Best Actress.

The writers did us dirty after all.

AmenTheNight

Agreed, she does carry the movie along with Al Pacino. The movie itself struggles to find its pace, and Driver's performance is really bland. The story is interesting but some parts carry on too long while some parts go way too fast (the last 20 mins or so).

9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

We should give up campaigning for Best Picture and just focus on Best Actress.

The writers did us dirty after all.

I saw the for your consideration ad and they are clearly focusing on the actors/performances. 

Mother of Puppies

She did carry the whole movie. Her portrayal of the character was the most interesting to watch and she didn't even have to say any lines. Her face and body language said it all.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

I agree but I have to also add Jared Leto, even if he was a bit over the top, he really was entertaining to watch and without him and his performance maybe it wouldve been a little bit more boring

Madam Margolyes

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/house-of-gucci-movie-review-lady-gaga-1261386/

“And then there’s the tale of a woman scorned, and that movie is really the only one in House of Gucci that you need to concern yourself with. When that film takes over the screen, everything else cowers in its wake. One person, and one person alone, deserves credit for turning this into something bigger than the sum of its disparate, conflicting parts, and occasionally launching it into the stratosphere. She was born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. You might know her by a different name.”

“Gaga is the only person who seems to understand that the movie not only needs a well developed sense of irony and a tongue firmly lolling in its heavily made-up cheek — it also needs someone who knows when to take it deadly serious. The fact that she can do both at the drop of fashionable hat, along with a canny instinct for when to turn the star power on full-blast and when to play things closer to terra firma, keeps things giddy and steady.”

“There are so many scenes in which Gaga simply sits back, and you see her eyes moving from person to person, taking everything in, calculating moves without ever turning Patrizia into some bad caricature of a villain or a dinner-theater Lady Macbeth.”

“With House of Gucci, you get a jumble of stories jockeying for screen time, and then you get a supernova blazing [Gaga] at the center of all of it that burns everything superfluous away. If the film is remembered for anything, it’s for being Exhibit A as what a great actor she is. Forget Gucci. Long live the house that Gaga built.”

THE ACCLAIM!! :classy:

JaysAMess

Gaga receiving all this acclaim for her SECOND movie role performance, what an icon.

Meanwhile it seems people in the HoG thread are completely ignoring all this acclaim and instead focusing on the negative reviews. :bear:

Archived