news

House of Gucci receives B+

Dennis

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic

I'm not really concerned about the reviews tbh. I like some odd movies that the GP doesn't like so I'm just looking forward to 2 hours or so of our queen slaying another acting role, and this time, a villain 

200.gif

RAMROD

B+?!!

That is bad, that is the same level as Suicide Squad, Spider-Man 3, and Amazing Spider-Man 2. Which is an "Eeeeekk!"

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

StarstruckIllusion
3 hours ago, GovernmentHookah said:

Her acting was a lot better in the second half of the movie. She turns into a completely different character as the movie progresses.

She really does. I’m just in awe at how good she was in this movie. I love her and her work so much jesussss

5 hours ago, RAMROD said:

B+?!!

That is bad, that is the same level as Suicide Squad, Spider-Man 3, and Amazing Spider-Man 2. Which is an "Eeeeekk!"

Why you're quoting movies from many years ago? Maybe their statistical model wasn't very accurate back then?

Because B+ sounds like a high 8, which is consistent with the current RT score (88%).

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Why you're quoting movies from many years ago? Maybe their statistical model wasn't very accurate back then?

Because B+ sounds like a high 8, which is consistent with the current RT score (88%).

Because that is the standards, why are you offended?? B+ is not very good, but you are welcome to live in your own world. 

1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Because that is the standards, why are you offended?? B+ is not very good, but you are welcome to live in your own world. 

It is not very good, A is very good. But it's not bad as you claim. C is bad. B+ is more like "decent/good".

6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

B+?!!

Getting a B+ on a scale of A to F is not bad. Have realistic expectations please. 

if you round B+ up it's an A...so in reality house of gucci got an A cinema score

Gaga won again :vegas:

check-that-check-that-out.gif

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

RAMROD
Just now, Meat said:

Getting a B+ on a scale of A to F is not bad. Have realistic expectations please. 

Say what you want, F is very rare thing to give. So we are not talking about it. The common grading from people are A to C

And if you look up many of the movies that are graded B+ on Cinemascore, just realize that HoG is now part of that group. 

And that hard fact doesn't change, however you wanna twist this to look good. I am not the one who need to be realistic. :shrug:

2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Say what you want, F is very rare thing to give. So we are not talking about it. The common grading from people are A to C

And if you look up many of the movies that are graded B+ on Cinemascore, just realize that HoG is now part of that group. 

And that hard fact doesn't change, however you wanna twist this to look good. I am not the one who need to be realistic. :shrug:

Jennifer Lawrence’s movie Mother! scored an “F” rating, yet it earned more money than its budget :shrug:

7 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

And don't forget y'all can add a review on metacritic, rotten tomatoes or imdb. ;)

i would after i watch the movie tonight my english is a little wonky and i would never embarrass Gaga like that

Mister G

B+ is not overtly terrible and really, who cares? If you enjoyed the experience and movie altogether, the ratings and reviews should not persuade your interest. People really need to stop letting the perception of others influence their judgment.

G U C C I

Honestly I’m happy the score is that high and the critics have been so supportive of the film even if it’s only 50 - 60% of them. I’ve been hesitant about posting my experience watching the movie (I’ve seen it twice in theaters and I’m going again on Friday to take my mom, aunt, and grandmother) because I was left so conflicted. I did a deep dive into all things patrizia and Gucci when Gaga was announced in the movie and I was let down by the amount of details that were neglected in the film. Also I was sent a copy of the script several weeks ago and from reading the script and watching the film I am shocked at the editing of the movie. This cast and content deserved so much more than they received! Especially Salma and Patrizias relationship! 

These flaws though are entirely centered on Ridley. Gaga was flawless in this film for me. Her acting and presence were so intense. I could have watched three hours of just her and Adam on screen together. Especially the start of their relationship up until they leave New York. 

I don’t think any of these issues though will reflect poorly on Gaga’s chances for nominations. I expect her to be nominated for many awards including the oscars. 

Archived