💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Evermore and Donda are added to AOTY nominees at last-minute

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

NichuuB
6 hours ago, dzox said:

i dont want gaga to mess with that nasty fandom (again) especially when the award is also for tony

But it would be so iconic if she won over them again

Property of @Whale

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
4 hours ago, Oyster said:

I’m sure those albums were at least somewhat commercially successful then. I know it’s futile to be arguing this on GGD, but I stand by my opinion. L4S should win one, maybe even more categories, but NOT AOTY. 

Donda has a 53 on metacritic and its a flop album. Just say youre pressed a jazz album is nominated. The great american songbook is a big deal in America, especially all Cole Porter songs, not everyone can pull it off as espectacularly as Tony/Gaga duo. So its definitely more than just covers 

Runway
4 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

Factually incorrect, up until this year artists were allowed to promote their album sales as part of their application for nomination and voting campaign. It's the first year commercial success is not allowed to factor into voting decisions iirc. Also who enjoyed listening to L4S among the voters? No one bought or streamed that aside from GGD members. :huntyga:

I mean considering its still top 10 on the jazz charts and debuted at #1 on it, what youre saying is a lie :billie:

3 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

Factually incorrect, up until this year artists were allowed to promote their album sales as part of their application for nomination and voting campaign. It's the first year commercial success is not allowed to factor into voting decisions iirc. Also who enjoyed listening to L4S among the voters? No one bought or streamed that aside from GGD members. :huntyga:

Just because commercial success isn't "allowed" to corrupt their voting means literally nothing. :bear: You can't control what someone takes into consideration and the overall knowledge they have about a project. 

Also, if you think industry people don't check each other's work, if for nothing else, to at least see what they're up against then I don't know what to tell you + let's not pretend like narratives don't drive promotional cycles and tower over consideration for any awards, be it the Grammys or the Oscars. 

45 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I'm sure Kanye will take this well. 

"Olivia im happy for you imma let you finish, but I have one of the best albums of all time, one of the best albums of all time!"

59 minutes ago, Runway said:

Donda has a 53 on metacritic and its a flop album. Just say youre pressed a jazz album is nominated. The great american songbook is a big deal in America, especially all Cole Porter songs, not everyone can pull it off as espectacularly as Tony/Gaga duo. So its definitely more than just covers 

If you actually read my comment, I was talking about past winners of AOTY. Never did I say anything about Donda (which I don’t think should win AOTY either). Saying I’m pressed a jazz album is nominated is also a reach. I feel like cheek to cheek in 2015 would make more sense for AOTY than love for sale and the whole move feels like they’re rewarding Tony for his career out of sadness for his condition, rather than actually focusing on the album. Again, it’s just my opinion. 

salty like sodium
3 hours ago, Runway said:

I mean considering its still top 10 on the jazz charts and debuted at #1 on it, what youre saying is a lie :billie:

You're assuming the listeners that put that in the top 10 aren't GGD members, I can't help it if you make hasty assumptions :oops:

5 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

You're assuming the listeners that put that in the top 10 aren't GGD members, I can't help it if you make hasty assumptions :oops:

You’re the one making hasty assumptions. Members of the academy are generally old white men who are more likely to nominate an album like Love for sale than something more hip. They resonated with the album, hence they nominated it. It’s as simple as that. 

Flawless

L4S is nominated and have real chances to win, just accept and move on guys :vegas:

the scars on my mind are on replay.

salty like sodium
33 minutes ago, Meat said:

You’re the one making hasty assumptions. Members of the academy are generally old white men who are more likely to nominate an album like Love for sale than something more hip. They resonated with the album, hence they nominated it. It’s as simple as that. 

Gee ... Have you ever heard of a joke ? :huntyga: Obviously I wasn't literally saying only GGD members listened to L4S, that would be stupid. Lighten up a bit.  Also for someone who's so quick to be condescending and patronising, you do know that the nominating process was changed this year so that the voting members are also the ones who vote for the nominees, right? And that the voting members are not members of the academy, but members of the industry like Gaga, Rihanna, etc ... So you failed to understand a joke, and also to debunk the joke with facts that weren't facts at all ... :bear: It's as simple as that.

Archived