💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Evermore and Donda are added to AOTY nominees at last-minute

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Ororo Munroe
4 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Love for sale as AOTY is so bad, it feels so forced and fake.

i'm sorry, but i can say the same about 80% of AOTY nominations every year lol. so I don't see a problem with Gaga getting this nom with Tony. 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

Why? Do you think only commercially successful albums should win AOTY? In that case The Fame Monster should’ve won AOTY but it didn’t. 

It should be a mix of an album that was commercially successful and also good. Also, love for sale is a not a critically acclaimed album according to critics. It’s also literally a cover album. I doubt that it would have been up there if not for Tony’s condition. 

1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

i'm sorry, but i can say the same about 80% of AOTY nominations every year lol. so I don't see a problem with Gaga getting this nom with Tony. 

As long as it doesn’t win…

5 minutes ago, Oyster said:

It should be a mix of an album that was commercially successful and also good. Also, love for sale is a not a critically acclaimed album according to critics. It’s also literally a cover album. I doubt that it would have been up there if not for Tony’s condition. 

Do you want me to list the metacritic scores of previous AOTY winners? Because a lot of them are panned by the critics.

Also fun fact for you: L4S received the first 100/100 metacritic score in Gaga’s entire career. 

2 minutes ago, Meat said:

Do you want me to list the metacritic scores of previous AOTY winners? Because a lot of them are panned by the critics.

Also fun fact for you: L4S received the first 100/100 metacritic score in Gaga’s entire career. 

I’m sure those albums were at least somewhat commercially successful then. I know it’s futile to be arguing this on GGD, but I stand by my opinion. L4S should win one, maybe even more categories, but NOT AOTY. 

lilboyblue
7 minutes ago, Oyster said:

It can be anything the voting body wants it to be. They want to reward Tony for still being able to produce good music at his age, so be it. Maybe they think the Gaga/Tony team up is genius, and is a novelty rarely seen these days. Or they just want to vote for it because they enjoyed listening to it over other albums this year.

Don't overthink the Grammys. It's literally a popularity contest, but it IS cool because it is voted on by their peers, fellow artists. Not by the public, nor by critics. There are no objective criteria here, and commercial success is the least of these voters' worries.

I'm not even saying L4S should win. But if it wins, WHY NOT?

DanielM

That just shows how corrupted and obscure the system of voting in Grammy's is. There is always something shady. 

salty like sodium
47 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Love for sale as AOTY is so bad, it feels so forced and fake. Idk… it’s definitely best pop traditional vocal album but come one… AOTY? Honestly i do not want it to win AOTY and I’m just being realistic 

It won't.

salty like sodium
27 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

It can be anything the voting body wants it to be. They want to reward Tony for still being able to produce good music at his age, so be it. Maybe they think the Gaga/Tony team up is genius, and is a novelty rarely seen these days. Or they just want to vote for it because they enjoyed listening to it over other albums this year.

Don't overthink the Grammys. It's literally a popularity contest, but it IS cool because it is voted on by their peers, fellow artists. Not by the public, nor by critics. There are no objective criteria here, and commercial success is the least of these voters' worries.

I'm not even saying L4S should win. But if it wins, WHY NOT?

Factually incorrect, up until this year artists were allowed to promote their album sales as part of their application for nomination and voting campaign. It's the first year commercial success is not allowed to factor into voting decisions iirc. Also who enjoyed listening to L4S among the voters? No one bought or streamed that aside from GGD members. :huntyga:

lilboyblue
10 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Factually incorrect, up until this year artists were allowed to promote their album sales as part of their application for nomination and voting campaign. It's the first year commercial success is not allowed to factor into voting decisions iirc. Also who enjoyed listening to L4S among the voters? No one bought or streamed that aside from GGD members. :huntyga:

So what I said DOES apply this year. :huntyga:

Whatever their reasons are, it still got nominated. Why are we bashing the album for a literal achievemement? Such a cruel fandom this is.

Spartacus

Well they've lost all credibility now. They clearly expanded the list just to add Taylor because HEAVEN FORBID the Queen of the World ain't nominated for AOTY! :lolga:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

44 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Also who enjoyed listening to L4S among the voters? No one bought or streamed that aside from GGD members. :huntyga:

bold statement sis :partysick:

salty like sodium
1 minute ago, dojo said:

bold statement sis :partysick:

As one of the people who streamed and bought it several times I stand by what I said :oops:

Teletubby

'Recording Academy CEO Mason Jr. also denied that the addition of Swift and West was for commercial reasons or shore up flagging television ratings.' hollywoodreporter.com

sure-joanne.gif

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Archived