• 4 / 5 (80%)
    • 3.5 / 5 (70%)
    • 3 / 5 (60%)
    • 2.5 (50%)
    • 2 / 5 (40%)
    • Less than 2 / 5 (40%)

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

For those of us who have seen it, what’s your general rating on the movie itself (script, storyline, etc.), not of Gaga’s acting. 

• NFRatwell changed the title to What would you rate HOG?
SharkmanthaC

Just left the theater. Gaga is amazing. :giveup:

But overall, I think it was great. I’m currently reading the book and they did a great job of adapting it to screen. The thing is, this movie could be a whole series to show how mixed up and crazy the Gucci family was.  They really did amazing to try and get the gist of it as well as make it so you could understand what was happening. The acting was incredible. 
A few things that bothered me, and I will put that in a spoiler. They’re not major plot spoilers, just a couple of minor details. 

Spoiler

1. They only show and talk about one of their daughters. When they had two.

2. They show a Christmas from probably the late 80s/early 90s and Patrizia was given a gift card. Gift cards weren’t a thing until maybe the late 90s?

3. Some of the timeline towards the end with the end of their marriage didn’t line up for me. 

However, I know this was just based on true events, not a documentary so I’m sure changes were made for different reasons.

she/her/hers

Dr Fudge

The script didn’t really know what it wanted to be. Not really a drama, not a comedy. The strangeness of Paolo contrasted the seriousness of Patrizia and Mauricio in an odd way that felt distracting from the plot. The highlight truly was just watching Gaga pour herself into the role and nailing her job as a performer. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

RAMROD

7.5/10 for me, so I guess 70%??

I love everything else but the script, pacing and plotting itself. Wish it would be cut better. The camp trailer also is very misleading cos it was none of that, just a sprinkle here and there. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SharkmanthaC
3 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

The script didn’t really know what it wanted to be. Not really a drama, not a comedy. The strangeness of Paolo contrasted the seriousness of Patrizia and Mauricio in an odd way that felt distracting from the plot. The highlight truly was just watching Gaga pour herself into the role and nailing her job as a performer. 

I understand what you mean about Paolo; however, this is how he was in real life. From what I’ve read, his character was portrayed accurately. 

she/her/hers

thierryrreiht

A hot dog is a hot dog, even if the beef is from Tuscany, the bread from a boulangerie, and the ketchup from your mother’s home.

It does the job, but those ingredients would have had more impact in a stronger recipe.

For me, 4/5. I really enjoyed it. Watching Gaga nail it was obviously awesome, and I was surprised how much Jared’s character worked for me (the moment I saw those set pics the first time I nearly died, but I was so charmed by his character somehow). I can’t wait to watch it again!

I think ultimately it could have been better if a) it had focused much more on Patrizia and her feelings and schemes and really sidelined the business stuff OR b) been a Succession-style family business drama with less focus on Maurizio/his marriage. The was a lot more Gucci-****ery they had to leave out! 

I understand why they tried to blend it, because the book did, and I forgive it. It’s still great despite it flaws imo. 

enissa11
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The camp trailer also is very misleading

i don't understand this, i haven't seen the movie, but the trailers are literally not camp at all, they frame the movie as just an standard crime family fashion drama with a bit of comedy from things like the father son and house of gucci. i feel like people still don't understand what camp really means and use the term so loosely for things that have nothing to do with it.

Mad Architect of Light

Archived