Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Machine Gun Kelly react to Grammys snub

Teletubby

Featured Posts

I only know this man exists because of MTV award shows

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

moonsago
1 hour ago, Meat said:

This is a funny story but when Tony Bennett won AOTY in 1994, the academy was under scrutiny for making a classical album win over countless hip hop ones. So they launched a secret committee that reviews the general field nominees before making the final choices. This year, that secret committee was abolished and Tony is once again nominated in the general categories for the first time since 1994. :air:

This for the people that wonder if Tony and Gaga deserved their nominations this year... sweety, if your OWN peers choose to vote for you, that means real respect and appreciation for the craft. Considering how competitive artists can be, to vote between themselves for whoever they consider did best is more fair and meaningful if you ask me.

Bradley
10 hours ago, Meat said:

Yes exactly. Had the committee not been there, Shallow could’ve won SOTY and even ROTY. It was a juggernaut and I’m sure most of the academy members would’ve voted for it. 

I mean I'm not sure about that one because Childish Gambino's This is America was quite a strong contender but the lack of AOTY nomination for A Star Is Born was so obviously the committee's decision. It is a soundtrack and they decided a soundtrack had no place in the general category even if it was universally acclaimed.

4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It is a soundtrack and they decided a soundtrack had no place in the general category even if it was universally acclaimed.

Black Panther soundtrack was literally nominated the year before, so I don’t think that’s an excuse. 

Archived