💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Machine Gun Kelly react to Grammys snub

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Agunimon

I'm sure many people don't like him here, but his move from rap to punk rock was executive magnificently. 

I can’t stress this enough, but starting from this year, the Grammys are literally only voted by actual people in the music industry AKA his own peers. If you’re not nominated, that means that people in the industry aren’t crazy about you. It’s that simple.

Chromatography
1 minute ago, Meat said:

I can’t stress this enough, but starting from this year, the Grammys are literally only voted by actual people in the music industry AKA his own peers. If you’re not nominated, that means that people in the industry aren’t crazy about you. It’s that simple.

what was it before?

Bradley
1 minute ago, Meat said:

Wait a minute, what do you mean "starting from this year"? Hasn't it always been like this?

edengowon
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Wait a minute, what do you mean "starting from this year"? Hasn't it always been like this?

5 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

what was it before?

previously it was a mixture of academy member voting and specially selected 'nomination review committees'

the artist formerly known as melancholia

11 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

what was it before?

11 minutes ago, Bradley said:

This is a funny story but when Tony Bennett won AOTY in 1994, the academy was under scrutiny for making a classical album win over countless hip hop ones. So they launched a secret committee that reviews the general field nominees before making the final choices. This year, that secret committee was abolished and Tony is once again nominated in the general categories for the first time since 1994. :air:

Bradley
16 minutes ago, Meat said:

This is a funny story but when Tony Bennett won AOTY in 1994, the academy was under scrutiny for making a classical album win over countless hip hop ones. So they launched a secret committee that reviews the general field nominees before making the final choices. This year, that secret committee was abolished and Tony is once again nominated in the general categories for the first time since 1994. :air:

God yes I remember that they had a committee who could remove works that actually had enough votes to get into the top 8 of the general categories.

A Star Is Born would definitely have been nominated if it wasn't for that committee. I mean Lil Nas X is incredible this year but his mixtape was absolutely lacklustre that year and there was no way he had more votes than Bradley and Gaga. His EP was so close to getting panned it received mixed to negative reviews.

2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

God yes I remember that they had a committee who could remove works that actually had enough votes to get into the top 8 of the general categories.

A Star Is Born would definitely have been nominated if it wasn't for that committee. I mean Lil Nas X is incredible this year but his mixtape was absolutely lacklustre that year and there was no way he had more votes than Bradley and Gaga. His EP was so close to getting panned it received mixed to negative reviews.

Yes exactly. Had the committee not been there, Shallow could’ve won SOTY and even ROTY. It was a juggernaut and I’m sure most of the academy members would’ve voted for it. 

Chromatography
39 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

previously it was a mixture of academy member voting and specially selected 'nomination review committees'

what kinds of people were part of that committee, so we know?

edengowon
12 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

what kinds of people were part of that committee, so we know?

i think it was secret. i'm not sure.

i think the academy just claimed it was 'experts' and 'professionals'.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Archived