💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Marilyn Manson, DaBaby, Louis C.K. scored noms for the 2022 Grammys

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

For many music fans and insiders, critiquing the Grammy nominations is an annual pastime. And each year, the Academy seems to find new and interesting ways to wind up observers. When the 2021 nominations dropped last year, the main knock was a complete shutout for the Weeknd. This time around, the issues are a little more complex.

There are some noteworthy omissions among the 2022 field — no women in any of the rock categories; no Spanish-language or West African artists in any of the majors — but more concerning than who was left out is who was included. 

This year’s nominees include Louis C.K., who earned a Best Comedy Album nod, following sexual-misconduct accusations, as well as alleged abuser Marilyn Manson and much-criticized rapper DaBaby (who came under fire this summer for making homophobic remarks onstage), both of whom are nominated for their roles on Kanye West’s Donda. DaBaby also picking up another nomination for Justin Bieber’s Justice (Triple Chucks Deluxe).
The Academy also recognized Dr. Luke, whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald, for his contributions to the deluxe edition of Doja Cat’s Planet Her and Saweetie's Best Friend. Dave Chappelle is nominated for the Netflix special 8:46
Despite being apparently banished and their careers halted, they were all nominated for Grammys in 2022, one of the world’s top music awards.

A few years after former Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said that women need to “step up” in order to be recognized in the industry, the organization seems to have taken another step back. 

source source

The Recording Academy’s CEO Harvey Mason Jr. said the Recording Academy won’t take into account anyone’s personal history when determining eligibility for its awards
He said: “We won’t restrict the people who can submit their material for consideration. We won’t look back at people’s history, we won’t look at their criminal record, we won’t look at anything other than the legality within our rules of, is this recording for this work eligible based on date and other criteria. If it is, they can submit for consideration.”
source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕀ. ☁eternal enemyđŸŒ©ïžïœĄËšâ€

Telling women to step up but at the same time nominating abusers and discriminatory people all across the board? Yup, Grammys are still absolute trash.

alsemanche

As if we needed more proof that the Grammys are absolute trash lmao

Soft, soothing, and succulent

4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

As if we needed more proof that the Grammys are absolute trash lmao

You know that they’ve abolished the committee right? This year’s nominees were decided by 11,000 musicians, producers, songwriters and sound engineers who actually make up the music industry. So I guess the entire music industry is trash :billie:

OT: This is all because of everyone’s unhealthy obsession with Kanye West. If they hadn’t nominated Kanye, two of these abusers would’ve never seen a nomination in these times. 

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

You know that they’ve abolished the committee right? This year’s nominees were decided by 11,000 musicians, producers, songwriters and sound engineers who actually make up the music industry. So I guess the entire music industry is trash :billie:

OT: This is all because of everyone’s unhealthy obsession with Kanye West. If they hadn’t nominated Kanye, two of these abusers would’ve never seen a nomination in these times. 

It doesn't change the fact that many of the categories were very bad and many of the typical Grammy selections were still there. So they're still mostly trash. And nominating these disgusting men only proves that further. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

It doesn't change the fact that many of the categories were very bad and many of the typical Grammy selections were still there. So they're still mostly trash. And nominating these disgusting men only proves that further. 

I mean I’m agreeing with you, the music industry is trash indeed. 

ProfessionalClown

Okay but Manson should’ve been nominated for We Are Chaos as it’s one of his best since HolyWood (I liked it more than TPE and HUD).

The entire album is a return to form for him and whew, it was emotional ngl. Paint You With My Love and Broken Needle are masterpieces 

NichuuB
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Okay but Manson should’ve been nominated for We Are Chaos as it’s one of his best since HolyWood (I liked it more than TPE and HUD).

The entire album is a return to form for him and whew, it was emotional ngl. Paint You With My Love and Broken Needle are masterpieces 

tiffany-pollard-leave.gif

Proprietary of @Xi Jinping

Archived