other

AjayII disrespects Tony Bennett

Pretty Savage

Featured Posts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

Yeah the way she said it sounded lowkey insensitive but i get what she was saying and i dont think shes wrong

If Tony wasnt as old as he is and with a disability and the fact that ita his last album in a long career... this album wouldnt be as emotional or as big if a deal

Not saying its not a good album but it wouldnt have gotten 6 noms most likely tbh

Some food for thought:

1) For people who agreed with this reactor: Would you feel the same if L4S grossed I.e. 100 or even 200k sales?

2) How many of the commenters across the web have actually heard the album as a whole before taking sides in this "debate/argument"?

3) I feel that people tend to have a natural tendency to equate eligibility to sales. When something is not performing well commercially it doesn't necessarily mean it's not good. It doesn't necessarily mean that "yes ngl its true that that he's old and they are giving him the award as a form of respect" like cmon this gentle has lived probably twice the lifetime of this reactor in question and many of us here, with tons of achievements which we may have overlooked and simply chucked aside and discounted.

4. He has achieved so much more than be simply be reduced to "oh it's true that he's recognized cus it's his last album etc.)

5. See Point 2 again. And once again just trying to explore different angles here. I'm not a fan or expert in Jazz and I do feel guilty to have the same first impressions as the reactor initially but stepping back and thinking through, there's a whole new different perspective to this and this can be applied to many other things in life nowadays when people are quick to jump into conclusions.

enissa11
5 hours ago, Chromatica said:

This is gonna come off as flame but because people are sending her hate for stating the truth

Love for Sale underperformed in sales and wasn’t particularly well received critically. It’s ridiculous that an album of not especially imaginative takes on Cole Porter standards is up for album of the year. That’s not to shade Tony who is admirable for even still working at this point in his career. The excessive amount of nominations is clearly because the academy wants to pay tribute to Tony. 

this album is a wonderful achievement but let’s not shade her for giving the least elegant version of what is true. 

i bet you didn't even have listened to the original cole porter versions or other versions of his songs like the ones of Ella Fitzgerald to say they're "not imaginative", literally songs like "Do i love you" or "So in love" take a lot of creative liberties, even jazz fans have critiqued it saying it's not jazz enough, that it's too theatrical, besides jazz it's more about the performances and what you feel listening their voices, their performances are award worthy, even the concept of it it's lovely, just cole porter love songs.

it's infuriating seeing fans being this dismissive and just talking out of their asses.

Mad Architect of Light

skaxboy

Is she saying this because he is 95 or because he has Alzheimer’s? If it’s ageism that is just flat out rude and unnecessary. If it’s because he has an illness then perhaps she should seek an evaluation for her disgusting views. I would certainly hope she wouldn’t speak the same about a relative. 

NFRatwell

The Grammys never recognized a piece of his art in this many categories. Cheek to Cheek didn’t even get two nominations. 

SlowLoris

I'm a huge fan of the album, of Gaga and of Tony and even I don't think they'll win.  

Twitter stans are... Something else.  I love the memes, but don't actually know if I'd wanna meet any of those people in real life

QueenChromatix
On 11/24/2021 at 3:29 AM, NFRatwell said:

I mean she could have put it better but she didn’t really lie. We all know the main reason they got all these nominations was because it’s his last album due to his age and disability 

Agree. I don't find her comment as disrespectful at all. Tony is 95 and diagnosed with Alzheimer, so she saying "he's almost not here" is unsensitive, but not disrespectful. Also, LFS is not a revolutionary project or any level nor an A+ reviewed-album according to critics. In conclusion: I knew they gonna be nominated for Best Traditional Pop Album, but the rest is due to fact that this is Tony's LAST ALBUM EVER. Please take a look at David Bowie's Grammy history. For his last album he was also nominated multiple times, while in previous years his projects weren't on Grammy radar. I think this year's case with Tony is very similiar to Lazarus case.

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

TipsyGagaFan
3 hours ago, QueenChromatix said:

Tony is 95 and diagnosed with Alzheimer, so she saying "he's almost not here" is unsensitive, but not disrespectful.

Sis insensitivity is a form of being disrespectful. You’re not respecting, or being sensitive, to the other person’s situation.

I’m tired and angry but somebody should be

I can’t between this and the sound about him having alzheimer’s going viral on tiktok, Tony deserves way more respect! :(

HEARTSTOP

She is still pressed that Gaga stans bullied her into listening to Chromatica twice. :derpga:

IDGAF

Christopher Rolas

Why you people still taking her opinions so seriously? Back when she made that reaction video to Chromatica and y'all were pissed because she didn't like it I was like Ok but how is she anyway? A professional music critic? A professional musician? A music student at least? No, she's none of them, she's just a reaction youtuber, when it comes to reviewing music she's a regular listener, and a rude egocentric person for what I can see. She has nothing professional to say about Tony, Gaga or any serious musician. Just ignore her. 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

On 11/25/2021 at 5:51 AM, SlowLoris said:

I'm a huge fan of the album, of Gaga and of Tony and even I don't think they'll win.  

Twitter stans are... Something else.  I love the memes, but don't actually know if I'd wanna meet any of those people in real life

Luckily the twitter stans or general public have no say, honestly anything is possible - I wouldnt surprised atall if it won. It carries more weight then a lot of other work on there and the academy do care about that. Billie sweeped the grammys and they got so much backlash for only recognising high sellers, so they wont go down that route again I imagine

Archived