AjayII disrespects Tony Bennett

Pretty Savage

Featured Posts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine
9 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I Get a Kick Out of You is actually a really good song. It shows how uncultured some people are when they think it's not worthy of being nominated. 

Thank you.

I'm surprised many monsters are siding with this miss Nobody as if Gaga and Tony didn't get a nomination years ago? And Tony was not sick?

It's funny what you guys WANT TO BELIEVE to not say y'all were pathetic to ignore this album and even making fun of her? You were ALL wrong. This album is great musically, sonically, vocally and everything.

To the rest of the monsters who are now crying over this girl: next time think twice before overpraise and overrate a literally nobody with zero musical knowledge.

Patriziaa Reggiani

Literally why do we have a thread about this nobody and her opinions, is she a critic, does she have music knowledge, NO NOTHING OF THAT SORT, Just a nobody with her opinions, let's just ignore her.

I will not watch House of Gucci

monketsharona

Everyone has opinion. Personally  I don't think it deserved some of it nominations. End of story. Don't think she was that disrespectful. A bit overeacting tbh.

Good for both Gaga and Tony though.

Putang Ina Mo

Saying something like "Album X/Song X doesn't deserve to be nominated" is an opinion. But outright saying someone especially someone unproblematic as "almost out of here (totally Ajayll's words)" is totally uncalled for. 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

PatrickMonster
7 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Everyone has opinion. Personally  I don't think it deserved some of it nominations. End of story. Don't think she was that disrespectful. A bit overeacting tbh.

Good for both Gaga and Tony though.

She didnt say they dont deserve it. She said they can only win cuz Tony is old and might die soon. If thats not disrespectful I dont know what is

What she said about Tony wasn't even an opinion, it was absolute DISRESPECT and Ignorance. She didnt even listen to Love for Sale then who is she to call it unworthy of winning? + even if she didnt want it to win, why disrespect Tony? She could have just said she did not listen to it sk she has no opinion, rather, she chose to drag a 95 year old hugely Respected artist who is suffering from a difficult disease cuz she was too hyped. 

So insensitive. She's too influenced by Stan Twitter and Gen-z now. She needs to apologize for choosing those words

I don't care about her CHROMATICA reaction. It was her opinion and I had no problem with that. But this time, she did it disgusting 

LilyLark

It was very disrespectful to Tony. She's entitled to her opinion...she can even think he was nominated due to his age/condition. But she could have framed it more as "well, maybe his nomination is more of a tribute to his lengthy career" versus being mean and basically saying he's about to die while rolling her eyes.

That said, she lives off this sh*t and does it for clicks. The best thing to do is ignore her.

7 hours ago, Runway said:

funny how when Gaga gets general field nominations it's always a political decision but when beyonce gets nominated with an unknown flop song suddenly she is exempt from criticism and is deserved :rip:

Who said that in my post? Lol Beyoncé had nary a mention lmao

i think Gaga has deserved it MANY times (all her AOTY noms, for instance); I never even said L4S didn’t deserve it! All I said here was that the Grammys NEVER nominate jazz acts in the main field these days. Ever. And as much as I like what Tony and Gaga do, it isn’t groundbreaking or pushing the needle in a way that would warrant a nomination over some of the other current jazz acts out there who are doing just that.

Like, what, we say every year omg the grammy’s are so political, they’re crap, blah blah blah and then Gaga gets a nomination and that all melts away. No the Grammys are trash lmao L4S is good. It would have to be to get a nomination in the first place. But it’s a bit disingenuous to look at that nomination as “well I guess the jazz field is normally not as good.” That’s an awful thing to say especially since the vast majority of users here don’t even follow the modern jazz scene.

The Grammys pick things among the high quality of choices they have to nominate that will draw in viewers to watch the program. An example? Björk’s Homogenic. Frequently on lists for best albums of ALL TIME. Doesnt get main field AOTY type nominations. Why? It’s not because it’s actually crap lmao it’s that it doesn’t meet the other criteria of popularity and being able to pull in audiences. It’s strategic and we all know that and many have said that for years despite saying otherwise now so y’all can drop the pitchforks and random, weird Beyoncé obsession for a second.

it’s a good thing they got a nom. No, it isn’t just because of Tony’s health or status or Gaga’s. It also isn’t just because it is also a good album/song. It fits a criteria of quality as well as popularity among voters and viewers that puts it above other jazz albums released this year and albums in general. Idk why that’s controversial to say when, again, every year we go in on how the Grammys are fake lmao

I'm gonna bet a majority of people that spread this won't even watch the clip or understand Tony's situation, which is....almost out of here for sure. 

Archived