Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AjayII disrespects Tony Bennett

Pretty Savage

Featured Posts

TheSlash

Her wording is bad, but Twitter is overreacting (as always :huntyga: ). Also, she's not wrong :sure: . Most of us think he should get it as it's his last album. I watched the whole video and she never disrespected him, just noted it might be bc of his age.

Ew, David!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She sounds like the twitter trolls with a pop girl as their profile pic. But the difference is she's making a video with her face on it. Not a good take 

Runway

i mean in a way she isnt lying but also her faves will never be nominated for AOTY when they are 95 years old. in fact they might not even get nominated anymore when they are 14 years into their career like Gaga. overall she sounds pressed

Serial Chiller
25 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

I don’t take issue with that comment. I LOVE that it got a nom but I don’t think that song belongs in that category.. and it’s no secret that the buzz/conversation around L4S has been mostly about Tony’s decline & it being the last chapter in his career. I feel like people are being a little too sensitive 

Well maybe because an old person dying from Alzheimer should be a sensitive issue?

You know she can just not bring that up right? 

It's not that hard. 

53 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I Get a Kick Out of You is actually a really good song. It shows how uncultured some people are when they think it's not worthy of being nominated. 

And Chromatica/911 were equally or more unique but they were paid dust...

It's not unworthy just not that special to earn 6 nominations with old covers compared to Gaga's solo material which is more creative yet gets snubbed frequently. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agunimon

I think some monsters are still angry she didn't like Chromatica and are looking for a reason to spread that hashtag on Twitter. What she said lacked tack, and I don't think she was aware of it, but Tony is a Grammy magnet. Just about every project he's puts out has had some nomination dating all the back to the 1960s. This may be his final opportunity to receive an accolade.

1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

I Get a Kick Out of You is actually a really good song. It shows how uncultured some people are when they think it's not worthy of being nominated. 

well, no, not that lol it's that the grammy's never pays jazz songs any attention whatsoever in these categories lmao and it isnt like gaga and tony do the absolute best jazz around and everyone else is just fish food lol It's a well-done cover, but knowing the grammy's are so political, cmon, this was a political nomination, not necessarily one lauding its qualities.

BillieGOAT
1 hour ago, Serial Chiller said:

Well maybe because an old person dying from Alzheimer should be a sensitive issue?

You know she can just not bring that up right? 

It's not that hard. 

She is saying that they have a better shot at winning because it is Tony Bennett’s last release. When you’re talking about Grammy predictions, bringing that up is fine by my standards because that’s something that could  sway the voters.

The way she said it may not have been everyone’s cup of tea- but I don’t see it as being a topic that’s totally irrelevant/inappropriate for the Grammy’s prediction conversation  

Runway
3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

well, no, not that lol it's that the grammy's never pays jazz songs any attention whatsoever in these categories lmao and it isnt like gaga and tony do the absolute best jazz around and everyone else is just fish food lol It's a well-done cover, but knowing the grammy's are so political, cmon, this was a political nomination, not necessarily one lauding its qualities.

funny how when Gaga gets general field nominations it's always a political decision but when beyonce gets nominated with an unknown flop song suddenly she is exempt from criticism and is deserved :rip:

moonsago

Not some people in here making it seem like they are undeserving of these nominations and that they only received them because of Tony’s health situation... maybe the album and song are really just that good? Has anybody thought of that also? So what if there haven’t been jazz noms in the big categories in years? Maybe jazz singers don’t usually submit there or maybe they weren’t good enough to get a nomination. Please, stop being a hater of your own fav and stop discrediting someone’s achievements just because you assume something. 

Archived