💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

It’s a sign Gaga should release more jazz

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

Gaga singing jazz is always a treat and so well done.  Even covers are enjoyable when she sings them.  This song for the holiday season is an example:

When sung by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan this song peaked at #2 on Billboard's US Jazz Digital Songs.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I hope one day she lets go of this desire to please the dance club gay fans she has and really lets loose with jazz. 

Isn't this already the reality?:emma: she's done 1 dance/club album in the past 8 years, for which she did literally one (1) performance. She performed mostly jazz and tributes from 2014-2016, then since 2018 has been doing the jazz Vegas show and released L4S.

Spoiler

I also kinda resent that you're reducing dance/electronic/pop music to just dAncE cLuB gAyZ as if jazz is somehow superior, when she's spent her whole career showing those genres of music can be just as important/powerful/artistic as any other genre, but go off with the snobbery I guess

HuffsAhoy
4 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Isn't this already the reality?:emma: she's done 1 dance/club album in the past 8 years, for which she did literally one (1) performance. She performed mostly jazz and tributes from 2014-2016, then since 2018 has been doing the jazz Vegas show and released L4S.

Hide contents

I also kinda resent that you're reducing dance/electronic/pop music to just dAncE cLuB gAyZ as if jazz is somehow superior, when she's spent her whole career showing those genres of music can be just as important/powerful/artistic as any other genre, but go off with the snobbery I guess

I certainly didn't mean to come across as snobby, though I can see how you'd read it that way. As a fan since 2009, I am not discounting what she's done for the pop genre. I was 17 then, now I'm almost 30. I don't resonant as much with dance/club pop music as I did then. The sound she had for Joanne/ASIB was my literal Gaga dream and, sprinkle in the jazz, that's the sound I want from her in the future. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

CannaeDrive
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

I’m here for anything other than dance pop. 

That I can certainly agree with.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Married the Night

Wasn’t it confirmed that she wrote some original songs for C2C that have yet to be released?

Anderson123

I’d love to see her do a solo jazz album in 5 years, not so soon. We got amazing Gaga vocals with Cheek To Cheek, Joanne and A Star Is Born which are all career changing projects but the way she finally made a dance album only for it to be ruined by the pandemic p!ssed me off. That was supposed to be a huge roll out. 

Not y’all thinking all jazz music is standards and century old songs. Ever heard of Amy Winehouse? When Gaga makes her “Back to black”, it will be over for everyone else :gaycat:

HookerOnAChurch

I've always thought that at some point in her career she would release an all jazz record with Brian Newman's band. 

bluemonkey

Don’t mind Jazz but having  Grammy nominations shouldn’t dictate her doing more Jazz although I do prefer her doing pop, a solo album wouldn’t be so bad.

I'd love a album with jazz vibes a la Amy Winehouse. Otherwise I'm not that interested in her jazz music, even though I definitely enjoy to see her that happy.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Archived