💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Songs Aged Horribly

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Healed My Heart

Love Kesha, but in 2021 this feels like an anthem of toxic masculinity and transphobia to me...

She/her 💗💜💙

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plastic Flower
8 minutes ago, **** You Pop Music said:

+ written by canceled republican queen Lana Del Reycist /s

I immediately recognized her writing style :rip:

Drop it

6 hours ago, FentyGa said:

all of the fame

I might be biased but I think it still sounds great, for the most part. I usually feel very nostalgic listening back to this album because it has such a unique vibe and sound. 

Stafani Versace
2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Also this one was aged horribly the moment it came out, do not come for me y'all know I'm right :ally:

barbie-crack.gif

The Cure is my most played Gaga song. 🥴

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, Raggedy Adam said:

barbie-crack.gif

The Cure is my most played Gaga song. 🥴

Then you must look at that gif yourself, sis :cryga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

androiduser

funny how all these songs that have supposedly aged horribly are by pop girls, and none are by bands, or males, and none are from different eras - they are all Gaga's contemporaries. The bias couldn't be more obvious. :wtf:

Healed My Heart
21 minutes ago, androiduser said:

funny how all these songs that have supposedly aged horribly are by pop girls, and none are by bands, or males, and none are from different eras - they are all Gaga's contemporaries. The bias couldn't be more obvious. :wtf:

For me, I really only listen to pop girls tbh. I'm not a fan of many male artists or bands, so I can only draw from what I usually listen to.

But your comment did make me think of this monstrosity:

She/her 💗💜💙

2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Plastique Doll is a great song but All About That Bass is something that was released in the 50s/60s (sounds like is the case) and the universe just couldn't handle at the time and just projected it into the future so we would suffer now. 

True but ironically 50/60s sounds, along with the entire rock genre (from every decade) is tried and true. You can release a song in such a genre and it’ll sound timeless rather than dated.

Good example being the entire Joanne album. You can listen to The Fame and The Fame Monster and associate it with the sounds of 2008/2009, but the same can’t be said about Joanne. 

You can’t link the album to any period in time.

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, SS77 said:

True but ironically 50/60s sounds, along with the entire rock genre (from every decade) is tried and true. You can release a song in such a genre and it’ll sound timeless rather than dared.

Good example being the entire Joanne album. You can listen to The Fame

and The Fame Monster and associate it with the sounds of 2008/2009, but the same can’t be said about Joanne. 

You can’t link the album to any period in time.

100%. There are inspirations in Joanne to the 50s, 60s, 70s, but the album is overall modern-sounding and timeless in a way. This is a sidepoint, but as we move forward into decades, the 2010s sounds are going to come back (the same way the 80s synthpop had a revival). All About That Bass is just very unfortunate of a song. 

Roboboy
3 hours ago, RainingOnMe said:

I hate to admit it but most of Chromatica aged pretty poorly. The generic melodies and sounds used is why.

it's literally been 1.5 years, and once again monsters misunderstanding classic house for 'generic' its getting weird...

NichuuB
3 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Also this one :vegas:

It wouldn't be @Pennywiseif there wasn't plastic Doll slander:ladyhaha: But as we are on it, lemme add this one that aged like cheese in the sun:lolga:

Property of @Whale

Archived