opinion

Songs Aged Horribly

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneaky Oliver

As much as I used to love her, Kesha songs have aged poorly for me :rip: I barely listen to her anymore and when I do it it’s mostly for nostalgia factor. Her recent work doesn’t stand out within her discography too. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Starmie25

I feel like nothing is ever truly "timeless" and that's ok.  sounds and styles switch and then return every other year in different ways. 

ELECTROHEART

I know some early 2010s EDM songs are cringey af, but there are really classics from that era by David Guetta, Zedd, Avicii, etc...

These are more listeneable than this terrible "trend" in music:

And c'mon, 2006-2012 songs from The Black Eyed Peas are 1000 times better that the g4rbag3 they're releasing today :ladyhaha:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

6 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

This song used to slap but the production and everything about it sounds so dated now. 

How have I never seen this video?  She goes nude.  Imo, this song slaps and has always slapped!!. It sounds a slight bit tinny on my phone, so maybe one general edit.

StrawberryBlond

I only found this song recently and was shocked it was ever allowed to be released, even in the 80's. It was even banned in Thailand for a while as the powers that be were so offended by it. Its chorus is pretty awesome, I must admit. It's a seriously weird idea to write a song based around insulting an entire city/culture and I've never really heard any other song like it. Safe to say, it would be instant cancellation if it were released today:

I'd only ever heard 3 LMFAO songs until I heard this one recently. The glamourisation of alcoholism, the degradation of women, the mention of "crunk," the obnoxious shouting and slurred singing at the end, is a painful reminder of how normal the club culture of this time period was:

Basically everything by The Black Eyed Peas is dated. The ironic thing is, will.i.am has always claimed that he thinks about what sounds futuristic when he makes music. I think in his quest to make things sound modern, he just makes them sound more dated. It doesn't help that he jumps on any trend going, meaning everything he touches just sounds like product of its time and this song is the crowning glory of that. That "I'm so 3000 and 8, you so 2000 and late" line has a cringe postcode all of its own and gives away exactly the year it was written:

This sounds like popular 2010 music in a nutshell. But wow, this is top tier guilty pleasure stuff for me. Probably the only Pitbull song I actually like, this is dated but in a great nostalgia way. That bridge and chorus is what club music made today is missing. If I were a dance fitness instructor, this is is the kinda warm-up tune I would be bumping all the time:

7 hours ago, LaLuna said:

That's funny, I was thinking about that yesterday while listening to Destiny's Child's Bug A Boo... The chorus aged like milk:

"You make me wanna throw my pager out the window, tell MCI to cut the phone poles"

"I wanna put your number on the call block, have AOL make my email stop"

All these outdated technological references, this song could only live in the late 90s/early 2000s :ladyhaha:

Tbh I feel like it kind of makes it iconic in its own way??

Reject False Icons

that line from Kids - the purpose of a woman is to love her man- is really weird

Rahrahbitchson
59 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Gaga’s old music :ohwell:

Delete it fat!!!!

20211120-121230.jpg

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Clumsy Monster
1 hour ago, Staryu17 said:

I feel like nothing is ever truly "timeless" and that's ok.  sounds and styles switch and then return every other year in different ways. 

Yeah I don't really quite get this term. I understand that there are songs and terms that are really offensive now but in terms of musical production and style, the direction and style is bound to happen right? So I think we should listen knowing that some styles were meant to stay in that era and that's totally okay(because some of them were termed as "boundary pushing" at the time) . And then enjoying the music for what it's used to be, even for nostalgia sake. I can't really put my exact thoughts into words:laughga:

Idk for me listening to old songs reminded me of that era I used to feel that instant nostalgia, given that I'm a very sentimental person lol. 

Christopher Rolas
8 hours ago, Bonkers said:

what's that one that calls people "chola" and "orient"?

I'm not gonna talk for "orient" I'm here for the word "chola".

I don't think it's offensive at all and I don't think you should either find it mistaken, but anyway' it's you and your opinion, for now, let me "a latino guy" explain you this:

Back then there were... meh, a few complainers calling out Born this Way for being a racist song because they felt that calling all the latino community "chola" was offensive since not all latinos are "cholos", but ironically, it was them assuming that she was referring to all the latino comunity for "chola", and also, the people thinking that being a cholo is something negative was being pretty disrespectful. 

She's talking a about a "chola" because of all the stigma this community suffers, all the negative visions that the American society has about them thinking that being cholo is just about being a criminal which not, it is an urban culture. 

And I really appreciate Gaga not using latino in the song Why would she do that in first place?  latino is not a race and we are different countries with different cultures. 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

huttont
8 hours ago, flyaway said:

I hated it, but somehow I stan it now.

I prefer the live version

I hated this song until I heard her song it live and :firega:

Archived