Jump to content
society

Kyle Rittenhouse found innocent… completely


StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch
5 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

why did he go with a loaded gun in the first place? :saladga:

I don't know but it doesn't change the fact that he had to defend himself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • PartySick

    13

  • Chic

    12

  • StarstruckIllusion

    7

  • NathanTheGreat

    6

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alllll of this. The dude took an illegal rifle to a volatile situation. You can't tell me he didn't intend on shooting somebody. You know how he could have defended himself better? He could

This makes me sick to my ****ing stomach. It just tells all these proud boys that they can do whatever they want with no consequences.

Chic
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

1.jpg

You see the disparity, yeah?

I do. I figure that has a lot to do with economic disparities. Unfortunately, poorer areas with high police presence have far less oversight. Black people are caught up into this and it isn’t deserved. They’re also the most disproportionately affected by poverty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
1 minute ago, Queen Bitch said:

He still had to defend himself because they attacked him first. Sure you can charge him for breaking curfew but it doesn't change the fact that he had to defend himself. Like I asked, what was he supposed to do? Let them kill him? 

He was supposed to stay home :toofunny:

Imo, going to a riot scene with a semiautomatic rifle shows clear intent to use it

☀️ L'appel du vide 🌕
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatography
2 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

I don't know but it doesn't change the fact that he had to defend himself. 

that dumb motherfvcker wouldn’t have to defend himself if he didn’t go out of his way to show up with a loaded gun.

i am just baffled that people are justifying this. humanity is a scourge. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

The conservative and neo-lib wet dream: Just getting away with two free kills. For nothing. Literally no reprecussions. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NATAH
4 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

I don't know but it doesn't change the fact that he had to defend himself. 

wouldn't need to defend himself he just stayed home and minded his own business :billie: but he went with a clear purpose, anyone who finished elementary school can see that

don't be afraid
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NathanTheGreat
3 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

He still had to defend himself because they attacked him first. Sure you can charge him for breaking curfew but it doesn't change the fact that he had to defend himself. Like I asked, what was he supposed to do? Let them kill him? 

The point is, he shouldn’t have put himself in a situation where he’d have to defend himself in the first place. And maybe the protestors trying to disarm him was their self defence too.  If his intention was to help he would’ve gone to the police who were there to handle the situation and made his presence known, but he went into the chaos and then shot and killed people who were unarmed. He went there to play target practice and the judge did everything in his power to make sure that that p.o.s. walked free.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
8 minutes ago, Chic said:

I do. I figure that has a lot to do with economic disparities. Unfortunately, poorer areas with high police presence have far less oversight. Black people are caught up into this and it isn’t deserved. They’re also the most disproportionately affected by poverty.

I'm confused as to what your point is, I guess :poot:

You understand all this so saying the list of people murdered isn't long for a country with 330 million people in it is a...weird take. It reads as you saying the lives lost are insignificant by comparison.

The best I can discern is that you believe the police don't respond quicker and with deadlier force when the suspect (who isn't even always a suspect) is black...and that's just factually wrong. There's moving parts behind the disparity, yeah, but racism is 100% one of those parts.

☀️ L'appel du vide 🌕
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chic
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'm confused as to what your point is, I guess :poot:

You understand all this so saying the list of people murdered isn't long for a country with 330 million people in it is a...weird take. It reads as you saying the lives lost are insignificant by comparison.

The best I can discern is that you believe the police don't respond quicker and with deadlier force when the suspect (who isn't even always a suspect) is black...and that's just factually wrong. There's moving parts behind the disparity, yeah, but racism is 100% one of those parts.

I’m sorry if it comes across as me thinking it’s insignificant. It isn’t. I’m just saying that it shouldn’t say anything about the country as a whole.

I think the police system is corrupt, I just don’t think the country as a whole is racist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Karl

Sorry I'm really confused, so this dude has murdered people and he got not guilty as in, he won't go to prison? If that's right, the court system in America is backwards af, he's literally killed people with a machine gun and he's innocent? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
Just now, Chic said:

I just don’t think the country as a whole is racist.

Well, growing up half Latino (which is just enough apparently) in a rural part of Florida then living through 2016 to now...I strongly disagree with this sentiment :rip:

You said it yourself, POC are disproportionately affected by poverty. That's because of the scars of a racist past that this country absolutely refuses to let go of.

Just as an anecdotal example, there's two highschools in my town. One is mostly white kids, the other is mostly black kids. That already reeks of segregation but it gets worse. The school with the POC majority had worse funding, worse scoring (due to the poorer quality of teachers no doubt), fewer programs to help kids go to college or join the workforce, I mean sh*t, my school (with mostly white kids) had at least a dozen or more electives where you could get literal certifications for construction, nursing, auto-mechanic work, but the best thing the other school had was a daycare for students' kids.

And it's like that everywhere. If that's not racism woven into the very fabric of American society, idk what is :toofunny:

☀️ L'appel du vide 🌕
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chic
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Well, growing up half Latino (which is just enough apparently) in a rural part of Florida then living through 2016 to now...I strongly disagree with this sentiment :rip:

You said it yourself, POC are disproportionately affected by poverty. That's because of the scars of a racist past that this country absolutely refuses to let go of.

Just as an anecdotal example, there's two highschools in my town. One is mostly white kids, the other is mostly black kids. That already reeks of segregation but it gets worse. The school with the POC majority had worse funding, worse scoring (due to the poorer quality of teachers no doubt), fewer programs to help kids go to college or join the workforce, I mean sh*t, my school (with mostly white kids) had at least a dozen or more electives where you could get literal certifications for construction, nursing, auto-mechanic work, but the best thing the other school had was a daycare for students' kids.

And it's like that everywhere. If that's not racism woven into the very fabric of American society, idk what is :toofunny:

I am going to educate myself deeper on this topic. Do you have any good resources for finding out more of the facts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
Just now, Chic said:

I am going to educate myself deeper on this topic. Do you have any good resources for finding out more of the facts?

I don't, it's just plain observations on my part. I'm sure others do and are willing to share though.

☀️ L'appel du vide 🌕
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PartySick locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...