society

Kyle Rittenhouse found innocent… completely

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy
Just now, PartySick said:

The presidential election is far from the only one that matters.

People need to start waking up to the critical role local elections play in this country. These nasty ideals and issues start at the bottom and slowly work their way up top. 

Rain on Me
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PartySick

• Chic

• StarstruckIllusion

• NathanTheGreat

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alllll of this. The dude took an illegal rifle to a volatile situation. You can't tell me he didn't intend on shooting somebody. You know how he could have defended himself better? He could

This makes me sick to my ****ing stomach. It just tells all these proud boys that they can do whatever they want with no consequences.

PartySick
Just now, StarstruckIllusion said:

True. Eric should specify more. If he’s trynna help the situation with education he really isn’t…

Yup. Democrats are lazy in presidential election years and even more so during midterms and we're particularly vulnerable right now with a congress split as evenly as this one. Our leaders need to push HARD.

☀️ L'appel du vide 🌕
  • Like 3
HorusRa2
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Yup. Democrats are lazy in presidential election years and even more so during midterms and we're particularly vulnerable right now with a congress split as evenly as this one. Our leaders need to push HARD.

Democrats are not known for pushing hard. 

• Like 6
PartySick
5 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Democrats are not known for pushing hard. 

Tell me about it

☀️ L'appel du vide 🌕
Roughhouse Dandy

Not surprised in the least but absolutely disgusted. This country is going to burn and we will have deserved it. 

💜
Agunimon

Look, I definitely understand the racial injustice in the legal system. But white people are convicted all the time. And although this happened at a black lives matters protest, the victims were in fact also white. If they were black, I'd understand the people saying "Sounds about white."

Given the footage that was shown at the start of the trial that the FBI released (that you can find on Twitter) of the victims shown following him, throwing harassments... I don't think I would be able to come with a guilty verdict for the charges he had. That doesn't mean I or people who feel similarly condone what happened, but the legal system is very specific. The charges he was prosecuted for are the only charges that matter in the court.

He definitely deserved punishment, but not for the charges he was prosecuted for. First degree intentional homicide was clearly off the table after that video was released.

Although, surely I would have expected a verdict on recklessly endangering safety.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
Reality

Disappointed, but not surprised. This is ****ing disgusting that they would let him walk free.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ || 𝙼𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 ⋒ || 𝔚𝔦𝔱𝔠𝔥 𝔬𝔣 𝔑𝔢𝔴 𝔖𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔪 ⛧
gumzy3000

Does anyone have any neutral/non-partisan website or article that explains the case and why this conclusion was reached?

I haven't really paid attention to this story but I am curious now. 

A messy blend of logic and sass
  • Like 2
Agunimon
7 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

Does anyone have any neutral/non-partisan website or article that explains the case and why this conclusion was reached?

I haven't really paid attention to this story but I am curious now. 

Well ultimately it was reached this way because the jury has to be unanimous for a guilty verdict, and the prosecution's job is to convince them beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are guilty on the counts they are charged and prosecuted for.

Edited by Agunimon
WheresMy911Alice

I'm literally sick to my stomach. F*CK this disgusting white country. Crocodile tears + white privilege :interestinga:

If this were a BIPOC, there would literally be no trial and they would be in prison, no doubt. Embarrassed of my race tbh :excuseu:

• Like 1
gumzy3000
5 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Well ultimately it was reached this way because the jury has to be unanimous for a guilty verdict, and the prosecution's job is to convince them beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are guilty on the counts they are charged and prosecuted for.

I understand that part... I am wondering if there is something online that condenses the key arguments presented

A messy blend of logic and sass
Chic
8 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I'm literally sick to my stomach. F*CK this disgusting white country. Crocodile tears + white privilege :interestinga:

If this were a BIPOC, there would literally be no trial and they would be in prison, no doubt. Embarrassed of my race tbh :excuseu:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10069931/amp/Arlington-shooter-Timothy-Simpkins-pulled-gun-backpack-classroom-brawl.html

• LMAO 1
Agunimon
5 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

I understand that part... I am wondering if there is something online that condenses the key arguments presented

This does a pretty good job at it: https://www.npr.org/2021/11/15/1055832643/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-closing-arguments

An important note regarding those focused on him carrying a firearm: 

On Monday morning, Schroeder dismissed a sixth charge, a misdemeanor related to possession of a dangerous weapon by a minor. Prosecutors brought the charge given Rittenhouse's age at the time of the shooting, but his defense lawyers successfully argued that a loophole in Wisconsin's law allows minors to possess guns with barrels 16 inches or longer.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Thanks 1
  • PartySick locked this topic