💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

How Jake Gyllenhaal feels about "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's

COOOK

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

That’s my thing. Has she ever wrote a song about her being potentially the villain? I like her music and I’m all for being vulenerable but she acts like she is perfect beyond measure and all of her relationships are the other persons fault.

I could be wrong though if someone wants to give me some examples from her discography.

Yes, she has. She even dedicated a whole song to being everything but the innocent little girl:

There is many more too, most of the reputation album is pretty much her owning up to what people accuse her of – some of them ironically, of course. 

Unlike contrary belief, Taylor has all kinds of songs (romantic lovers, death, friendship, fantasy, ...)!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
14 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

That’s my thing. Has she ever wrote a song about her being potentially the villain? I like her music and I’m all for being vulenerable but she acts like she is perfect beyond measure and all of her relationships are the other persons fault.

I could be wrong though if someone wants to give me some examples from her discography.

NOTE: I love ATW 10 minute version :firega:

She definitely does, but I also don’t think it’s a bad thing to play the good guy in a lot of your songs, no matter how true it is.

At the end of the day, most of Taylor’s music pre-Folklore were songs stripped from her diaries and I really don’t know of anyone who plays the villain in their own diary entries.

It’s art for art’s sake, and it’s just an unfortunate coincidence that many stans go to such extremes to focus on anything but that, because I feel it goes against what she wants her music to be about. 

I think Alanis Morisette’s Jagged Little Pill is a good example of the kind of songwriting Taylor does. Was Alanis fully innocent in the events of You Oughtta Know? That’s not really for the public to decide, but it’s an amazing song and that’s what matters at the end of the day. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Meredith Grey
13 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

I thought Blank Space was more a commentary on how the media painted her as a revenge-ridden songwriter?

I wouldn’t add blank space into it because that is her taking on the persona that the media gave her. But I would add in some songs from Lover. The Archer and Daylight are good examples but I’m more surprised no one brought up Afterglow. The song is literally about her being the villain in a relationship and learning to take responsibility for herself

edit: it took me so long to write my response that someone did bring up afterglow:ladyhaha:

liquidsunshine
6 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

She definitely does, but I also don’t think it’s a bad thing to play the good guy in a lot of your songs, no matter how true it is.

At the end of the day, most of Taylor’s music pre-Folklore were songs stripped from her diaries and I really don’t know of anyone who plays the villain in their own diary entries.

It’s art for art’s sake, and it’s just an unfortunate coincidence that many stans go to such extremes to focus on anything but that, because I feel it goes against what she wants her music to be about. 

I think Alanis Morisette’s Jagged Little Pill is a good example of the kind of songwriting Taylor does. Was Alanis fully innocent in the events of You Oughtta Know? That’s not really for the public to decide, but it’s an amazing song and that’s what matters at the end of the day. 

Well said but the fact that this needed to be spelled out in 2021 Is yikes. 

45 minutes ago, Hyundawn said:

Am I the only one here who sees no desirable men here in American entertainment?

Yes

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

HuffsAhoy

I mean why would he care? Is he supposed to put out a fluffy social media post or something :ladyhaha:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

spector
1 hour ago, COOOK said:

“He's ignoring all of the noise.”

based on the all too well short film, we know jake’s very good at that. :billie:

stella + elliot = stelliot

Bradley
1 hour ago, Hyundawn said:

Am I the only one here who sees no desirable men here in American entertainment?

If you choose to be judgmental to all men just because they're men then accept the fact that you won't find people interesting.

Just now, Bradley said:

If you choose to be judgmental to all men just because they're men then accept the fact that you won't find people interesting.

Not all men. Just white men. 

HermioneT

That's certainly a wise choice of him.

But hopefully it helped him remember to finally give her back that damn scarf:cyanlights:

She / hers

Agunimon
59 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

NOTE: I love ATW 10 minute version :firega:

Taken from Reddit:

Back To December is an apology to someone who was nothing but good to her and she broke his heart. "You gave me all your love and all I gave you was goodbye."

Afterglow is an apology to someone she's in a relationship with after a fight she instigated. "I blew things out of proportion, now you're blue; put you in jail for something you didn't do."

We Were Happy is about regretting the end of a relationship with someone after she fell out of love for no particular reason. "You threw your arms around my neck, back when I deserved it, and we were happy."

That's When is about being the one to walk away from a relationship and then come back asking for forgiveness. "And I knew my words were hard to hear and harder to ever take back."

Peace is about how difficult being in a relationship with her can be, and how she regrets not always being able to give enough to her partner. "You paint dreamscapes on the wall, I talk **** with my friends, it's like I'm wasting your honor."

The Archer is mostly about her anxiety but it's also partly about how she has a tendency to run away from relationships and look for reasons to blow up a good thing. "Dark side, I search for your dark side, but what fi I'm alright, right, right, right here?"

Breathe is technically about the end of a friendship but is easy to read as being about a breakup, and is also an apology song. "Never wanted this, never want to see you hurt, every little bump in the road I tried to swerve...I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Getaway Car is a gray area, but it's partly an apology to someone she treated as a rebound. "A circus ain't a love story, and now we're both sorry."

One could say Forever Winter, Coney Island, and I Almost Do as well.

Archived