music news

30 । Discussion । ADELE

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Just listening to it now. I Drink Wine is one of her best songs ever. The outro is a bit weird though, I'll have to listen to that part again. 

Her voice sounds different on this record, it sounds really silky smooth and less raspy than usual, it's also a little bit more jazzy and it's so nice to listen to. :flutter:

Cry Your Heart Out is another highlight. I think I'm going to be addicted to this song. 

5 hours ago, PlasticHo said:

Uncultured swine here(referring to myself not you) .... what is lofi? 😂

Totally okay! Is a popular genre around kids these days, the one i'm talking about is the interlude, it has that jazzy hip hop-ish vibe like lofi

... and now i just sit in silence.

Love Is A Game is the best one for me. The outro is the cherry on top:

I can love, I can love again
I love me now, like I love him
I'm a fool for that
You know I, you know I'm gonna do it
I'd do it all again like I did it 

& what she said while performing it at the One Night Only special:

"So the biggest lesson I learned that's all in this album is you can't control bl*ody anything so just go with it, just sit with it, have a laugh, and enjoy all of it, alright?"

Me, nodding and WEEPING:

EmMSNcDXcAAy2Xl.jpg

Flawless

Strangers By Nature is already so different for her! Excited for the rest of the album

the scars on my mind are on replay.

RAMROD

Can I Get It is a boppppp :music:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

whew I truly believe Adele left her ENTIRE SOUL on "to be loved". I'm absolutely stunned at the vocal performance she gave on this track, like we already knew she was a good vocalist but lord did she KILL it!!! I seriously got goosebumps (which is rare) easily the best track on the album for me along with "I drink wine" and "can I get it" which are in my top three. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Flawless

The people who said Adele was going to deliver the same thing again, they were totally wrong. Beautiful album, more dense than her previous ones. More soulful, honest, raw and experimental (?) for her. A good direction for her career imo. "My Little Love" is my absolute favorite, followed by "Woman Like Me".

the scars on my mind are on replay.

My favourites are: Can i get it, Woman like me, Oh my god, To be loved.🕺🔥

The only track i skipped is I Drink Wine. I felt bored with that idk. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anderson123

I just gave 30 my first listen and it’s a beautiful album from start to finish. To be honest I was a little scared because the first half (except for Easy On Me) were pretty average and just didn’t really know what to expect so I just stopped thinking about that and let the music speak for itself without trying to compare it to her previous work and they are SO personal.

You can almost feel like you’re right there in the room listening to her and those things she says in between verses or just the talking make it such a beautiful experience, like it’s a live album. 

I think the second half of the album is better and she really saved the best for last. Hold On and To Be Loved really join the group of BIG BIG Adele songs like Someone Like You, All I Ask, When We Were Young, One and Only, etc. 

likeitrough

Where 25 felt like a sequel to 21, 30 is sonically fresh and experimental by comparison. I commend the new direction and want to hear more despite not enjoying the album as much as I had hoped. 

The jazzy, soft r&b direction that she's chosen is so reminiscent of the bossanova genre. "Easy On Me", "I Drink Wine", "Hold On", "To Be Loved" and "Love Is A Game" are the only songs evocative of her former work; great ballads that make up less than half of the album.

"Can I Get It" is Ed Sheeran-esque and radio friendly.  The whistling hook reminds me of "Tom's Diner".

It's not for me but I know it will resonate with many others. I can only hope to come back to this album in some time with a different opinion. 

MadreMonster

I’m sorry - the album cover is still just horrible :ladyhaha:

But I’ll have to sit with this one and listen without listening too close to see what catches my ears.

Archived