music news

30 । Discussion । ADELE

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeroen Bloeming

I'm honestly really disappointed. This album feels so disjointed. I don't get all the hype and amazing reviews

Well this is pretty interesting, i like the record, glad she decided to explore more sounds, didn't expect Adele to do lofi lol

But idk it is a good album and it feeks like a good album but imma need some time, there are only a few tracks that i fell in love instantly and the rest was okay

... and now i just sit in silence.

jimmytimestep

I've had a couple listen throughs. It's definitey her most mature album. I'm not sure if it's my favorite. It is very strong. Feels kind of like her Joanne, oddly.

I don't see it having a lot of longevity in terms of singles. I could see "Oh My God" and "Love is a Game" being decent radio hits but that's it.

lilboyblue

I think I might need more time to fully grasp this album. The melodies aren't hooking me yet, but her vocals really are what sells these songs. Love Hold On and To Be Loved, so far.

:kara:

imnotyourbabe10

Have given it a solid skim and I definitely enjoyed it!  Not sure where it lands in her discography for me, but it seems very heavy --- heavier than her usual, imho.  Maybe it's the depth and maturity in this one?  Her vocals are top notch.

I tend to enjoy and revisit her tracks like I'll Be Waiting, WTUTB, SML, Hello, Best for Last, Chasing Pavements, Turning Tables, River Lea, Don't You Remember -- so some of the gospel-like sounds on this record weren't really for me.

I really enjoyed Oh My God, Can I Get It, Cry Your Heart Out, Easy On Me, and All Night Parking. Love is a Game is also a standout (though it's a tad to choir for me),  Something about Woman Like Me took me back to 19.

Was immensely moved by To Be Loved and My Little Love. Absolute standouts in her discography. :bradley:

imnotyourbabe10
10 hours ago, Bat said:

Cry your heart sounds so much like an Amy Winemouse song, its a cute jazzy song

Aw! As an Amy fan, I knew I was jamming to this one for a reason but had not connected the dots!  Great comparison and nod to an Adele influence and former peer.

3 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Aw! As an Amy fan, I knew I was jamming to this one for a reason but had not connected the dots!  Great comparison and nod to an Adele influence and former peer.

Cry Your Heart out seemed like a  Frank track and Love Is A Game plays like something from Back To Black!

PlasticHo
9 hours ago, spicemuncher said:

I’m not sure how my opinion and taste qualify as “fake information”, but sure.

None of the tracks are bad, I never said that. I’m just thinking of what might be a strong enough track to sustain album sales and that is only To Be Loved.

The thing with Adele is she writes and sings from the heart. They aren't catchy radio hits and they're not meant to be. She will still sell more than anyone in 2021 and maybe 2022. Her music is just meant for another part of our life/mental space. You don't need to sustain sales (like the intent of 99% of today's club and tik tok hits) if you're slaughtering the music industry with week 1 numbers. 

PlasticHo
1 hour ago, Damon said:

Well this is pretty interesting, i like the record, glad she decided to explore more sounds, didn't expect Adele to do lofi lol

But idk it is a good album and it feeks like a good album but imma need some time, there are only a few tracks that i fell in love instantly and the rest was okay

Uncultured swine here(referring to myself not you) .... what is lofi? 😂

Archived