Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ed Sheeran & Elton John 'Merry Christmas' coming on Friday

Teletubby

Featured Posts

vixdean
7 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Elton John works with anyone now.

Totally true, always jumping on the trendy artists of the moment.

If it was a woman, everyone would be saying she was desperate because of all the collabs. But because it's a man, nothing. 

If there's something I can't stand in the pop music world is the double standards between male/female artists.

thatfoxyfeeling
50 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

40 minutes ago, vixdean said:

If it was a woman, everyone would be saying she was desperate because of all the collabs. But because it's a man, nothing. 

If there's something I can't stand in the pop music world is the double standards between male/female artists.

Elton has been nothing but supportive of young artists for decades now, he hasn't been jumping on trends at all it's because these artists look up to him and are inspired by him. They're honored to be working with him, Elton has gone above and beyond to support new generation artists unlike certain artists who try to bring them down.

2School4Cool
46 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

37 minutes ago, vixdean said:

Ed Sheeran and Elton John have performed together a few times, Elton has actually been a mentor to Ed for over a decade. They’re incredibly close, talk on the phone every day, and have been close friends for years, Elton’s definitely not just working with Ed because he’s a trendy artist.

See The Best In Everyone

1 hour ago, HotLikeMexico said:

1 hour ago, vixdean said:

Normally I'd agree but this is different. Elton has spent the last like 20 years of his career being a mentor to one artist after another. It's not about relevancy really...it clearly is about just having fun now. 

He is so old now (and I mean this lovingly) that it is absurd to imagine he still genuinely chasing hits. I think he just really likes the music these younger artists are making and wants to be a part of that experience before he kicks the can. 

Also when you get older you sort of have this urge to want to leave a mark on as many ppl as possible before you go. I think Elton has been in that mode especially so these past few years. He really wants to connect with as many young artists as possible.

WAIT STOP OMG @Reality LOOK

7 hours ago, Reality said:

Like, if Ed Sheeran or Justin Bieber tried to what Harry was doing, I think it'd be very clear that they were just doing it for shock value and not because they actually identify with or care about the community.

:bradley:

TheDemonIClingTo
2 hours ago, Teletubby said:

in one of the interviews Ed said 'Merry Christmas' will be released at the beginning of December 

Shave those legs, Chewie!

vixdean
58 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Elton has been nothing but supportive of young artists for decades now, he hasn't been jumping on trends at all it's because these artists look up to him and are inspired by him. They're honored to be working with him, Elton has gone above and beyond to support new generation artists unlike certain artists who try to bring them down.

1 hour ago, 2School4Cool said:

Ed Sheeran and Elton John have performed together a few times, Elton has actually been a mentor to Ed for over a decade. They’re incredibly close, talk on the phone every day, and have been close friends for years, Elton’s definitely not just working with Ed because he’s a trendy artist.

59 minutes ago, dit said:

Normally I'd agree but this is different. Elton has spent the last like 20 years of his career being a mentor to one artist after another. It's not about relevancy really...it clearly is about just having fun now. 

He is so old now (and I mean this lovingly) that it is absurd to imagine he still genuinely chasing hits. I think he just really likes the music these younger artists are making and wants to be a part of that experience before he kicks the can. 

Also when you get older you sort of have this urge to want to leave a mark on as many ppl as possible before you go. I think Elton has been in that mode especially so these past few years. He really wants to connect with as many young artists as possible.

I appreciate what you all are saying here, but I personally don't agree. I know he is special for Gaga, and that she is his children godmother, and if he's good to her, that's all that matters.

But personally, I don't see him as a very nice person. His unprovoked tantrums and diva-like behaviour is well documented, and he has been unnecessarily mean and nasty to both young and more established artists multiple times.

And I do honestly think there's a double standard between male and female artists collaborating with younger artists, with male always framed as a mentor relationship, while female artists are accused of being trend-chasers.

2School4Cool
1 hour ago, dit said:

What I think is so amazing about this is the confidence boost it can give these young artists. I’ve heard Ed and others talk about how every week Elton listens to every single new release and he calls up the ones he loves and congratulates them. As an up and coming artist, imagine how it must feel to have a legend like him call you and say he loves your music. It’s also great to see him working with all these artists because it clearly makes him so happy. He always says how he sees his younger self in these young artists, so I bet it keeps him energized to work with them. I know there aren’t many Ed fans on this site, but they’re clearly both so happy working together and that makes me so happy for them both :nick:

See The Best In Everyone

2School4Cool
34 minutes ago, vixdean said:

I appreciate what you all are saying here, but I personally don't agree. I know he is special for Gaga, and that she is his children godmother, and if he's good to her, that's all that matters.

But personally, I don't see him as a very nice person. His unprovoked tantrums and diva-like behaviour is well documented, and he has been unnecessarily mean and nasty to both young and more established artists multiple times.

And I do honestly think there's a double standard between male and female artists collaborating with younger artists, with male always framed as a mentor relationship, while female artists are accused of being trend-chasers.

First of all, thank you for disagreeing respectfully, it’s so easy to be rude on sites like this so I appreciate you respectfully sharing your opinion. And I get what you mean about the double standard, I just personally think instead of saying Elton is chasing trends, we should just stop labeling these female artists as trend-chasers. Elton truly has mentored many young artists, and Ed is just one of the most prominent examples of this. There are so many different examples of this, in fact there are songs on Ed’s albums that only made the final cut because of Elton’s advice. He’s learned a lot in 50 years and passes on knowledge and advice whenever he can. It would make me sad if a female artist did this same thing and was viewed as a trend-chaser instead of being praised for embracing a young generation of talent so fully and whole-heartedly.

See The Best In Everyone

vixdean
1 hour ago, 2School4Cool said:

First of all, thank you for disagreeing respectfully, it’s so easy to be rude on sites like this so I appreciate you respectfully sharing your opinion. And I get what you mean about the double standard, I just personally think instead of saying Elton is chasing trends, we should just stop labeling these female artists as trend-chasers. Elton truly has mentored many young artists, and Ed is just one of the most prominent examples of this. There are so many different examples of this, in fact there are songs on Ed’s albums that only made the final cut because of Elton’s advice. He’s learned a lot in 50 years and passes on knowledge and advice whenever he can. It would make me sad if a female artist did this same thing and was viewed as a trend-chaser instead of being praised for embracing a young generation of talent so fully and whole-heartedly.

Yes, 100% with you on that! :pawsup:

• Teletubby changed the title to Ed Sheeran & Elton John 'Merry Christmas' coming next Friday
  • Teletubby changed the title to Ed Sheeran & Elton John 'Merry Christmas' coming on Friday

Archived