💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

mamo

Featured Posts

nodandsmile
6 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Speaking of hating everybody...it's so weird how film twitter has like a...hate boner for Jared Leto. Most of them are fairly professional, but sometimes they get petty asf (credit to music critics, many of them clearly do not like certain artists...like Lana... but they don't let it impact the final scores they give an album). There were critics legitimately apologizing for liking Jared's performance (and even if they were joking about the apology, it's still strange).

I can tell you some of them don't even know why they do hate him, some people on twitter just follow what some specific accounts (idk why) say 

you should have seen the "Green Book" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" smear campaigns...  

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
17 minutes ago, nodandsmile said:

I can tell you some of them don't even know why they do hate him, some people on twitter just follow what some specific accounts (idk why) say 

you should have seen the "Green Book" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" smear campaigns...  

Yeah the film world can get insanely hyperbolic. I thought there were some issues with those films, but nothing terrible. However, by the end of the campaign season...and in large part due to the smear campaigns... BoHo was being spun as the worst film in the world and Green Book was  being spun as almost as bad as the Birth of a Nation (which I thought was kind of offensive to Mahershala Ali & the Black people involved with Green Book, to insinuate that Green Book was on that level of bad  (and I did see why some found it racially insensitive in some ways)...I think Octavia Spencer was an executive producer on it)).

Awrah999
On 11/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, Agunimon said:

I'm actually super interested in seeing it now.

After A Star Is Born and some previews of this, I'm so glad Gaga has improved so much as an actress. I found her acting in American Horror Story to be really, really bad. I'm still not particularly interested in her acting career, but I might be after seeing this.

Do you want a gold star? :neyde:

If you are interested, see it. If not, your loss completely sweetie :huntyga:

No need to throw your wrong opinions around about Gaga’s acting when she’s clearly been excellent at it 
lady-gaga-gaga.gif

spector

i saw the film tonight—what a disappointment. :( not the acting, though, that's oscillating between good and very good. the script, the dialogue, the implied "values," even the sheer length of it, however, are aspects that are just not there. house of gucci, unfortunately, lacks an intriguing and well-articulated narrative and is, rather, filled with emotional/cultural clichĂ©s. i will watch it for a second time, i think, to see if any of the negatives wears off—but i really don't look forward to sitting it through again. very sad, very.

stella + elliot = stelliot

Ah, I so badly wanted to like it. The main problem is lack of force – it moves like a car with no engine, I can't understate how little investment I had in these characters, nothing compelling or dramatic or tense happening. I also had previously not minded the accents, I thought it would be interesting, but it's ultimately more distracting than anything else, especially when a character says something poorly and it totally takes me out of it.

The pacing is also off and not a fan of the writing. I think Gaga is truly the one great thing in an otherwise meandering, mediocre movie. I thought she nailed the role, her accent was the best and added the most to her character, fully felt like Patrizia.

Archived