💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

mamo

Featured Posts

BradleyCooper
8 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

I thought they did it right, the main part of the story was the longest.  The intro was an introduction, how they met, who the characters are and their issues, then the conflict, then they told the climaxing issue. Ridley did a perfect timeline and I don’t think it could have been any better. 

also I expected letos character to be one of the more boring ones, truly a character 

I meant more so the strange timing when cutting scenes and the time jumps didn’t transition super smoothly in my opinion. It’s all those in between moments.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
8 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Yep, and I have a feeling this movie is going to get a lot of 6/10 reviews. 

Yeah, this is what I kind of think might happen...which is why I wish fans would stop harassing critics. Sure, 98% of them are professional but 2% aren't and if they are borderline between making it fresh or rotten...I feel like fans being obnoxious won't help.

Sweet Jane
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

I'm actually super interested in seeing it now.

After A Star Is Born and some previews of this, I'm so glad Gaga has improved so much as an actress. I found her acting in American Horror Story to be really, really bad. I'm still not particularly interested in her acting career, but I might be after seeing this.

drag race slap GIF

CyanDante
52 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

Jared Leto had a lot of screen time, he wasn’t a main character so they didn’t dig into his entire life nor did his character have a huge part in real life, but he was good, they crammed pat and maur meeting, dating, marrying, moving in together, divorcing, and being charged into a movie.   What more did Karen expect 

I laughed at your last line :ladyhaha: and then saw that her name was actually Karen. :rip::sharon:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Wet Fire

Apparently a mild shift in recent reactions is how some people are thinking Pacino gave a better supporting actor performance than Jared Leto in the film. :oprah: I guess that's because they prefer the subdued Pacino over the in-your-face Jared Leto.

LilyLark
7 hours ago, Meat said:

@LilyLark do you happen to know the box office predictions?

Allegedly it's predicted to do 21 mil (which would be the second highest opening for an R rated movie over Thanksgiving). More concrete predictions should be out this weekend/Monday.

That would be a great result, but...film twitter is half way against this movie already so I could see them sort of going "well, it's solid" instead of "it's great"...esp. since Dune opened with 40 mil while simultaneously being on HBOMax (never mind that Dune is based off one of the best selling books of all time & was rated PG-13). That said, early box office forecasting often underestimates rather than overestimates the box office....moreover, people underestimated ASIB's box office by a lot.

TLDR: Even with the pandemic, I could see it opening with around 30 mil and breaking the box office record for an R rated film over Thanksgiving.

1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

Allegedly it's predicted to do 21 mil (which would be the second highest opening for an R rated movie over Thanksgiving). More concrete predictions should be out this weekend/Monday.

That would be a great result, but...film twitter is half way against this movie already so I could see them sort of going "well, it's solid" instead of "it's great"...esp. since Dune opened with 40 mil while simultaneously being on HBOMax (never mind that Dune is based off one of the best selling books of all time & was rated PG-13). That said, early box office forecasting often underestimates rather than overestimates the box office....moreover, people underestimated ASIB's box office by a lot.

TLDR: Even with the pandemic, I could see it opening with around 30 mil and breaking the box office record for an R rated film over Thanksgiving.

I hope that’s true! I really want it to be a decent hit at least 

Madam Margolyes

New clip of Salma and Gaga. Even without saying any line, Gaga's presence alone here is very commanding and full of charisma, my god the talent in this woman :bradley:

nodandsmile
17 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

but...film twitter is half way against this movie already so I could see them sort of going "well, it's solid" instead of "it's great"

would be better if you stopped caring about them... they hate everything and everybody!

comparing this to Dune doesn't make sense at all, however is doing that it's a set up!

LilyLark
1 minute ago, nodandsmile said:

would be better if you stopped caring about them... they hate everything and everybody!

comparing this to Dune doesn't make sense at all, however is doing that it's a set up!

Speaking of hating everybody...it's so weird how film twitter has like a...hate boner for Jared Leto. Most of them are fairly professional, but sometimes they get petty asf (credit to music critics, many of them clearly do not like certain artists...like Lana... but they don't let it impact the final scores they give an album). There were critics legitimately apologizing for liking Jared's performance (and even if they were joking about the apology, it's still strange).

Archived