💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

mamo

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, androiduser said:

even if she does not win, having two nominations in the Best Actress category would be a HUGE accomplishment, it would give Gaga an opportunity to pick amazing roles in the future and would increase her chances of a win later on in her acting career. Having two nominations is undeniable proof of great status in the industry and it would do wonders for her.

I would love to see Gaga in a film dominated by women. So far her two major acting roles have her as the main character in a sea of men. A film with mostly women as the main characters would be a new experience, and would test her acting skills more as well. I'm excited to see what's next!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, androiduser said:

even if she does not win, having two nominations in the Best Actress category would be a HUGE accomplishment, it would give Gaga an opportunity to pick amazing roles in the future and would increase her chances of a win later on in her acting career. Having two nominations is undeniable proof of great status in the industry and it would do wonders for her.

For her first 2 movies no doubt! What an amazing start into the industry and it really would cement her status as an acclaimed movie star.

SpaceAce
37 minutes ago, QUEENH said:

Have you read the reactions from people who have seen it the other day? She wowed them. I can hardly believe it because I too thought she looked terrible in the trailer and looks nothing like her but apparently it's a really heartwarming family movie, the type that Oscar voters eat up. 

If the films generally have the same goodwill then historically in the Best Actress race, the showier (more outwardly dynamic) performance wins.

Remember when Emma Stone (La La Land) beat Natalie Portman (Jackie), Olivia Colman (the Favourite) beat Glenn Close (the Wife) and Brie Larson (Room) beat Cate Blanchett (Carol)? Portman, Close and Blanchett (accomplished veterans) all gave career best performances but they were in roles that involved more nuance than flash. And they each lost to actresses with their first nominations. I've left out Frances McDormand's win last year because Nomadland had so much more goodwill than the other films nominated. 

So I definitely think Kristen Stewart has the advantage of great reactions to her performance and it being her first nomination, but she'll be bogged down by the less than enthused reaction to the film and her sort of understated acting style. 

Gaga has the advantage of meatier role and also being relatively new to the scene, but only time will tell if House of Gucci will be good enough to keep the buzz around her performance going. 

Kidman is a lock for a nom, but based on the observations I mentioned above - she won't win unless Being the Ricardos has more goodwill than House of Gucci, Spencer, The Lost Daughter or Parallel Mothers. 

thehanyo
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

This. All we need is a nomination and her future in acting is secured.

On topic... 

I’m just amazed by Gaga’s extraordinary collection of talents. Reminds me of Judy Garland and her mastery of singing and acting.

• mamo changed the title to H.O.G Reactions/Reviews (Official Thread)
36 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

If the films generally have the same goodwill then historically in the Best Actress race, the showier (more outwardly dynamic) performance wins.

Remember when Emma Stone (La La Land) beat Natalie Portman (Jackie), Olivia Colman (the Favourite) beat Glenn Close (the Wife) and Brie Larson (Room) beat Cate Blanchett (Carol)? Portman, Close and Blanchett (accomplished veterans) all gave career best performances but they were in roles that involved more nuance than flash. And they each lost to actresses with their first nominations. I've left out Frances McDormand's win last year because Nomadland had so much more goodwill than the other films nominated. 

So I definitely think Kristen Stewart has the advantage of great reactions to her performance and it being her first nomination, but she'll be bogged down by the less than enthused reaction to the film and her sort of understated acting style. 

Gaga has the advantage of meatier role and also being relatively new to the scene, but only time will tell if House of Gucci will be good enough to keep the buzz around her performance going. 

Kidman is a lock for a nom, but based on the observations I mentioned above - she won't win unless Being the Ricardos has more goodwill than House of Gucci, Spencer, The Lost Daughter or Parallel Mothers. 

I don't think her acting was that understated in Spencer though. It was very emotional and nervy. And even if people think there's a lack of big monologue moments there is still the transformation from very Californian Kristen to very English Diana. It's made all the more striking because of Kristen's own fame and how she's able to get people to forget its her onscreen. Even people who found the movie odd or not what they expected (The Crown), they are still very impressed by Kristen. I find myself thinking about the movie days after I saw it. 

As for Nicole.. She's very popular among her peers. It's surprising that it's been so long since she won/been nominated but it does feel like she could get a lot of friends behind her. But who knows. 

vixdean
51 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

This. All we need is a nomination and her future in acting is secured.

On topic... 

He followed that with this though:

He gave The Last Duel 4 stars, so I'm curious to see what rating he gives HoG when official reviews come out.

ConnorFilm
2 minutes ago, vixdean said:

He followed that with this though:

He gave The Last Duel 4 stars, so I'm curious to see what rating he gives HoG when official reviews come out.

Probably 3.5/5

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

The Official House of Gucci twitter liked this tweet :vegas: I expect them to campaign hard for herrrrr

RAMROD

All the positive vibes keeps rolling in each time after these red carpets premiere events!!:applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SpaceAce
5 hours ago, QUEENH said:

I don't think her acting was that understated in Spencer though. It was very emotional and nervy. And even if people think there's a lack of big monologue moments there is still the transformation from very Californian Kristen to very English Diana. It's made all the more striking because of Kristen's own fame and how she's able to get people to forget its her onscreen. Even people who found the movie odd or not what they expected (The Crown), they are still very impressed by Kristen. I find myself thinking about the movie days after I saw it. 

As for Nicole.. She's very popular among her peers. It's surprising that it's been so long since she won/been nominated but it does feel like she could get a lot of friends behind her. But who knows. 

Idk I always have a hard time separating Kristen from her characters… even in Spencer. All of her roles are emotional and nervy and she does it very well.

James Gibson
4 hours ago, weed said:

The Official House of Gucci twitter liked this tweet :vegas: I expect them to campaign hard for herrrrr

they already are campaigning and been marvelous :vegas:

YourEvilTwin

4 hours ago, weed said:

Not a surprise. Licorice Pizza is obviously MGM's BP play, so it makes sense they would focus HoG's campaign on Gaga.

YourEvilTwin
7 hours ago, androiduser said:

True, but I'd much rather see her win ASAP so that Gaga is officially, undeniably, no longer in the league as all the basic pop girls lol.

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

Archived