Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

mamo

Featured Posts

vixdean
Just now, nodandsmile said:

feels like a 65-75% kinda movie with Gaga getting acclaim, im cool with that  :vegas:

some people were trying to make it sound like it was gonna be panned lmfao

Yes, I would expect something similar.

Gaga is definitely getting acclaim, even though the film is divisive. The main issues seem to be the passing, length, editing, etc., but acting is consistently noted has the high point of the film.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starmie25

I'm not surprised the film is receiving split reviews. It runs for over 2h, so it's expected lol. While it may have flaws, I'm glad they tried to go for "different" and not just safe, and formulaic. 👍

The reviews for the movie itself ARE mixed, but I don't think it's 50/50. A significant majority seem to be positive. As for Gaga, it seems to be a huge majority in her favour. Really interested to see this movie now, to see what they've done with it.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i never realized how badly i wanted Gaga to be in a potential pulp fiction level culty camp classic …. 

bring it on!!

rawrimamonster

I’m very interested to see Leto’s performance. Seems like the reviews are all over the place for him (love or hate). 

Our Kween is getting consistent praise tho :pawsup:

LaLuna

Kinda not surprised that the reviews are mixed. Just from the trailers I had a feeling that the movie would not be perfect, but it's clearly going to be worth the price of admission just to see Gaga.

lilboyblue

The original post is so exciting! Seeing all the positive tweets compiled there gives me the warm and fuzzies

DiamondHeart326

Also remember that movies like the godfather and goodfellas both were kinda mixed reviews upon coming out but now they're considered cult classics and I have a feeling HoG will be the same. My favorite review has to be house of Gucci is fashion goodfellas and gaga is Joe pesci 🤣💀🤣💀 can it be Thanksgiving already 

Ladle Ghoulash
6 hours ago, DrewPa said:

It’s going to be a Cult Movie, regardeless the final score from critics, bookmark me. 

Exactly what I'm hoping for!

4 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

Exactly what I'm hoping for!

same, I don't want anything less than an entire Drag Race episode based on it

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

DanielM

I'm happy with the positive reviews of Gaga's performance. However, I'm not gonna lie, I am a little concerned about the film as an all. I love cinema, and I usually don't even bother to watch movies with mixed reviews, don't matter how popular they are, just because I go to the theaters to feel entertained and learn something from that art piece. I was hoping Gucci would be that great film about love pushed to the limit. 

I guess House of Gucci is like Devil Wears Prada and not Sophie's Choice. Perhaps next time, since I would say Gaga is on her way to becoming an established, respected actress in Hollywood.

Yeah this is definitely heading for the cult route. It's better than having a perfect but forgotten movie imo. Excited. :party:

I think this is the only negative comment about Gaga as an actress that I ever read since AHS, and how curious she is compared to Madonna :partysick:

(I especially love the subtle way to piss off people pretending to be fair, like "If you think Gaga is a better actress than her, think again", Well done... I don't fall for it, but admirable attempt nonetheless)

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

Archived