news

H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

mamo

Featured Posts

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awrah999

The sex scene is everything. It was simultaneously hot, awkward, and absolutely hilarious. The audience around me was quiet then kind of laughing nervously then it turned into like wtf is this then thank god it cut to the next scene and a roar of laughter. One of the best moments of the film :v:

Awrah999
8 hours ago, LilyLark said:

My good sis, I'm glad you are seeing it once again when it officially opens so it counts towards the box office.

I say this not just as a Gaga stan, but a movie lover...we need more R rated films like this to succeed so it's not all comic book adaptions, animated films, or the 900th remake of some film (and I do like some Marvel movies, but I want more original sh*t or movies based off true stories). Apparently-and I'm not namechecking the guy as he's someone fans have harassed-the film is allegedly on track to have the 2nd biggest box office opening for an R rated film over Thanksgiving weekend. Considering ASIB exceeding expectations, I wouldn't be shocked if Gucci had the biggest opening despite the pandemic.

Thank YOU!!! I like some Marvel films like Shang Chi or Black Panther but I am so sick of the same superhero films being churned out every 2 months and bringing in loads at the box office—at the end of the day they all have essentially the same storyline and only minor variations in what they can do just by the nature of the type of film they are. That was the first thing I said leaving the movie—that it was so nice to see a long film where characters are fully fleshed out and the focus is on acting, character development, and narrative rather than CGI-driven action scenes. 

Levine

Has ever happened that an actress won Best Actress out of a critical destroyed movie? (it's not HOG case of course, just asking).

3 minutes ago, Levine said:

Has ever happened that an actress won Best Actress out of a critical destroyed movie? (it's not HOG case of course, just asking).

not "destroyed", but "The Iron Lady" ?

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Sorcerer
3 minutes ago, Levine said:

Meryl Streep won for The Iron Lady (52% in Rotten Tomatoes)

Petrichor

I think House of Gucci is going to be one of those movies with mildly positive to mixed reception where the actors still shine through. Ridley is a living legend and I love him immensely but the pacing in his films has been extremely off for damn near a decade now... Prometheus was a little long and Alien: Covenant was waaaay too short.

Levine
Just now, DrewPa said:

not "destroyed", but "The Iron Lady" ?

Just now, Sorceress said:

Meryl Streep won for The Iron Lady (52% in Rotten Tomatoes)

Oh god yes, how did I forget that?

Well, we're still talking about Meryl Streep but yeah the movie was kinda panned.

23 minutes ago, Levine said:

Oh god yes, how did I forget that?

Well, we're still talking about Meryl Streep but yeah the movie was kinda panned.

Rami Malek won for Bohemian Rhapsody which was universally panned. Joaquin Phoenix won for Joker which is 68% on Rotten Tomatoes. And this is just about winning. 

Edit: I just read that you said actress :billie:

18 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

I think I've only seen ONE person out of thousands to say anything negative about Gaga in this.

This person is also saying “I liked Gaga in it”

thehanyo
19 minutes ago, Meat said:

This person is also saying “I liked Gaga in it”

Yup, that's my point.

CyanDante

I am getting this feeling there are very complaints regarding the performances in the movie.

It's mainly the length or the editing which needed to be fixed.

Other than that, maybe the people not enjoying the movie don't like the campiness of it. That's why they might have negative impressions for the movie, because this might not be their type.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Genuine Guy 09

i still bet on 63-70 RT

53-60 MC

the MC is a bit messy but as long as its not in the 40s 

IMG_20200713_225542.thumb.jpg.16d5268c47

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Archived