news

H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

mamo

Featured Posts

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Oreo said:

When it grosses more at the Box office than ASIB and Gaga gets BA nomination first!

This is predicted to open between 8-13 million in the US which apparently is decent for an R film at the moment. It seems presales are outperforming that range and most probs will be 15-20 million. 
This is not ASIB but it will do well. 

5 minutes ago, Meat said:

I have been posting everything I can find. I’m not filtering out the bad reviews

wow, since i've only read good reviews (even the ones thay say bad things end up quite good), i thought you were only posting the better ones. i guess it'll probably be a hit then, at least critically speaking

ps. i wans't coming for you. i've just noticed some people calling it divisive so i assumed you listed only the good ones. thank you for your effort making this list. i really loved it :ally:

Aga Gydal

I feel like if a Gaga project is divisive then it’s probably gonna be beloved by the fans, which is 100% more compelling than something safe and palatable. I really liked A Star Is Born and it changed her life, but she’s so much more confident now, and this role is probably gonna be her Madeline Khan in Clue moment. Can’t wait to see it tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, pdrgst said:

wow, since i've only read good reviews (even the ones thay say bad things end up quite good), i thought you were only posting the better ones. i guess it'll probably be a hit then, at least critically speaking

ps. i wans't coming for you. i've just noticed some people calling it divisive so i assumed you listed only the good ones. thank you for your effort making this list. i really loved it :ally:

Thank you for your kind words :kara: I just want everyone to read the reviews for themselves and see that the reaction is more positive than negative. I remember initially everyone was panicking because 2-3 negative reviews came in first (But even those praised Gaga) 

I hope you’re having a lovely day :heart:

YourEvilTwin
6 minutes ago, pdrgst said:

It's really not that divisive. About 90% of the reactions we've seen so far have been at least somewhat favorable. It's just that some people on Twitter with their own agendas have been pushing the narrative of this movie being some kind of unmitigated mess by zooming in on the negative reactions. Don't fall into their trap by perpetuating this narrative.

thehanyo
7 minutes ago, Meat said:

Thank you for your kind words :kara: I just want everyone to read the reviews for themselves and see that the reaction is more positive than negative. I remember initially everyone was panicking because 2-3 negative reviews came in first (But even those praised Gaga) 

I hope you’re having a lovely day :heart:

I can confirm you've posted almost every single one, because I've posted the few ones you didn't lol.

i cant stop thinking how proud i am as a stan. few years ago i would never imagine this amount of praise from the press and all :vegas:

not only for her jazz and acting gigs, people and press seem to love her so much 

The thing that makes me smile is that while the positive or neutral reviews argue why they loved some aspects of the film, and possibly why they didn't like others, most of the completely negative reviews don't, they just make sour jokes by 13 year olds who think they are François Truffaut.

in any case, having a quick look at letterboxd i didn't read many totally negative and especially well argued ones. 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

Archived