Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
photo

Grigio_Guy: Alternative Album Covers

Grigio Guy

Featured Posts

Grigio Guy
6 hours ago, nightadieu said:

I love how you have shared your journey and some of these definitely use better images than the original covers :wub:

As an art director in the industry I’d be cautious with any design that’s using current trends and/or too much layout work as they defeat the timelessness of a cover (looking at the ones with a lot of morphed or layered typography, framings etc). The Doja Cat one is a grail and while the Allie X and Blue Lips ones don’t tell as much of a story as their original cover, they both look visually more pleasing :)

I did find I fell into a whole of “collage work” which ended up putting me in a deep creativity block and have since begun just letting things happen on their own accord! Thank you so much for the advice! I’ve never gone to art school and have only ever taken a single graphic design class, so it’s been a bit of a rough journey lol :kara:

The framework for GraveyardGuy, Boysim, and Kim Petras are a trilogy work because I plan on turning them into posters for my homes study!

Religion is a product to sell.

Grigio Guy
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

These are really great!! I love how I can get a sense of your artistic perspective by looking at them all.

My favorite might be Chloe’s Have Mercy.

As a friend who really likes these and encourages you to include these in a portfolio at some point, I do want you to know it’s Azealia and not Azalea. Very common mistake, 

I recently uploaded them all onto a Flickr account. While I’m currently in nursing school, I thought it would be great to simply share my work with others, instead of simply posting them on an Instagram story for 24 hours. Do you by chance know how to build a portfolio??

Geez I feel silly with all these novice mistakes. Thank you!

Religion is a product to sell.

Blown Away
4 hours ago, Killa said:

kesha animal, omg what is that. :cryga: this is a cover sir

I agree, it's fantastic. Im'ma use this to replace the official one on ITunes.

I love love love the Blackout one too.

Great job @Grigio Guy :applause:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

BleepBloop

Great work, but the plastic wrap is getting kinda old at this point lol. But other than that, they could be actual covers!!!

Archived