đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Do u guys think Gaga lied about that JLO record?

PIMSKI

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion
9 hours ago, Thomas said:

this happens all the time in the industry, 50% of the time someone has a credit it's usually because they've either worked on some scrap of the song ages ago or because of artistic integrity like what is being shown here between red and gaga. for instance, jack should've realized this with what happened between lorde and lana. red was kind enough to give credit to gaga since he was the one who reused a sample from a session he had with gaga

Lol no wonder Gaga dropped RedOne. I’d be pissed too. How sloppy…

2 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I just listened to that Jlo song and I don't hear any similarity :poot:

Really? I hear a lot of similarities. In how it’s structured, how the synths are formed. It’s way worse of a case than Born This Way/Express Yourself Madonna fued mess, which drove Gaga up a wall literally weeks after these texts. J*ck An*onoff is a good case as to why this Gaga-freak out was valid. RedOne was being so lazy and for what…

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

I love RedOne's work with Gaga but the way he took DNA from Poker Face / Bad Romance / Judas and dragged it all over other artists' discographies like JLo, Nicki Minaj, Porcelain Black and Nicole Scherzinger was such a lazy thing to do lol. Reminds me of Jack Antonoff's situation with Lorde and Lana. I get that sometimes producers have a signature sound but Gaga's music worked because of who she is, he tried to over do that sound. 

Can't blame Gaga for not wanting to work with him on her next albums even though they made magic together. If she did the same thing over and over again she'd have never evolved as an artist.

Btw those texts look so silly but wouldn't be surprised if that's how Gaga types given those Kesha messages that leaked asking her if she was friends with Katy and Gaga was like "No OMG no!!".

Yeah, I've never seen this as an issue. Gaga basically said to RedOne, "hey, the song you did for JLo sounds a lot like the song we made together, please credit me as well". Not a big deal

I do think she was a bit hyper-sensitive about it because the Madonna thing had happened so recently, and I do think she was more upset about that than she let on. She was really afraid of more comparisons. But overall, this is just the music business and what she was asking for seems fair. 

BillieGOAT

This reads like it was written by a non-english speaker 

maybe it’s bc she’s italian

androiduser
4 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I just listened to that Jlo song and I don't hear any similarity :poot:

4 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

Yeah they really don't sound alike

do you think that Gaga's production credit is out of place?

Gaga to ask to be credited on a JLO track just to avoid being called a copycat sounds so beyond ridiculous knowing how she works and her ethos. Plus she is far too smart to be texting such things like a 16 year old

Helxig

I'm confused here. What was the lie? Is there something else that happened that you didn't put in the OP that I need to to know to understand this?

All I see are texts to RedOne from Gaga asking him to change the song because it's too similar to Judas. Which is absolutely fair tbh, especially if he used the same MIDI track and format like she said

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Andrea B
10 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Gaga to ask to be credited on a JLO track just to avoid being called a copycat sounds so beyond ridiculous knowing how she works and her ethos. Plus she is far too smart to be texting such things like a 16 year old

i think its real and I see nothing wrong with Gaga asking her deserved credits since redOne used the beat for JLO that Gaga and him created + Gaga used to write kinda like that

bluemonkey
3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

I love RedOne's work with Gaga but the way he took DNA from Poker Face / Bad Romance / Judas and dragged it all over other artists' discographies like JLo, Nicki Minaj, Porcelain Black and Nicole Scherzinger was such a lazy thing to do lol. Reminds me of Jack Antonoff's situation with Lorde and Lana. I get that sometimes producers have a signature sound but Gaga's music worked because of who she is, he tried to over do that sound. 

Can't blame Gaga for not wanting to work with him on her next albums even though they made magic together. If she did the same thing over and over again she'd have never evolved as an artist.

Btw those texts look so silly but wouldn't be surprised if that's how Gaga types given those Kesha messages that leaked asking her if she was friends with Katy and Gaga was like "No OMG no!!".

Why give him crap when Max Martin does it all the time? Especially in the 90’s, a lot of Britney songs sounded like Backstreet Boys songs or Nsync songs. 

Producers have a style and people go to them for that style of sound. Just like you go to Jack for that certain sound.

2 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

i think its real and I see nothing wrong with Gaga asking her deserved credits since redOne used the beat for JLO that Gaga and him created + Gaga used to write kinda like that

I wasn’t aware it was co-created with Gaga

phantasmas

so i guess jLo is so used to crediting others for her stolen songs anyway she found no problem crediting gaga :billie:

Ladle Ghoulash
10 hours ago, androiduser said:

do you think that Gaga's production credit is out of place?

She might have worked on it, but I have no real reason to believe that these texts are even real lol

Gaga2645

My thing is There’s only one court “document” that doesn’t have gaga actually saying the “if you give me a writing credit blah blah blah” that seems to possibly just be made up lol

HOWEVER given the time period it makes sense for gaga to ask for her writing credit especially if redone had been taking bits and pieces of their sessions and throwing them around everybody. 
Also I think it’s smart because we all know JLo pretty much became famous on using other people’s materials/voices

Archived