πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's considered a "bundle"?

SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

SPARTACUS

As everyone knows, last year Billboard decided not to count "bundles" (e.g. You purchase a t-shirt or tour ticket and you can get a "free" copy of the album) when tallying debut week sales (and sales in general?). So now record labels have to find other ways to sell albums (e.g. Alternate covers, vinyls, cassettes etc). So I'm wondering what counts as a bundle? Is the Chromatica boxset below considered a "bundle" therefore not counted as an album sold? I think it would be so cool if in the future albums like LG7 come in CD, vinyl, cassette and boxsets. I love box sets. Look at this beauty. :wub:

Β 

CD / DVD Japan Version.

Β 

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…π€πŒπ„ π„ππˆπ†πŒπ€β„’

Andreu
7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Is the Chromatica boxset below considered a "bundle"

No, because at the end of the day you're buying the CD in a super deluxe version, but you're buying the CD. A bundle would be getting the CD and a shirt or any other piece of merch together when you can buy any of the items separately. Or more specifically, a digital download, because the problem that made Billboard change the rules was that most artist were giving away a free digital download with every single piece of merch they sold online to boost the sales.

SPARTACUS
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

No, because at the end of the day you're buying the CD in a super deluxe version, but you're buying the CD. A bundle would be getting the CD and a shirt or any other piece of merch together when you can buy any of the items separately. Or more specifically, a digital download, because the problem that made Billboard change the rules was that most artist were giving away a free digital download with every single piece of merch they sold online to boost the sales.

That's why I'm glad they made the rule change.

Β 

Thanks for answering. I'm hoping we see more cool items like limited edition boxsets in the future from all artists. :nick:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…π€πŒπ„ π„ππˆπ†πŒπ€β„’

Archived