💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Gaga's submission for 2022 Grammys (via Goldderby)

Patriziaa Reggiani

Featured Posts

LilyLark

I could see 911 winning best dance recording if it's eligible. I thought it was weird it wasn't submitted the first time around....L4S is a lock for best traditional pop vocal album.

Andreu
2 hours ago, Oreo said:

Well she is, last year they submitted Alice 

There is no reason to think they really submitted and this wasnt a fan fiction tho

Biagio2103
1 hour ago, Wixson said:

I don't know if the submissions are official but 911 actually is eligible for song categories. The only question is would they allow it to compete for a nomination in Dance/Electronic category like they did with Alice, or would they move it to Pop Solo Performance. 

It's not eligible, songs from Grammy winning albums are no longer eligible for nominations (ROM won Pop Duo while being part of Chromatica), that's why Dua can't send anything from Future Nostalgia (she can only send Levitating Remix, but I'm sure she won't because of DaBaby's controversy). "911" is only eligible for MV because it's a separate release from the album. 

Even if "911" were eligible, the Grammys can't move it to Pop Solo because Gaga already send a song from Love for Sale, and she can't submit two different songs to the same category as a performer.

I'm only good at being bad

3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

That was crazy. I think she didn’t submit Born This Way because of the Madonna comparisons and she felt really bad about all of that. Sucks because that could’ve been another Grammy nom, probably even for Song and Record of the Year but of course she had no chance with Adele there as well. 

They should’ve submitted The Edge of Glory or Marry The Night to Dance. 

3 hours ago, Thomas P said:

No they submitted Judas and You And I instead of Born This Way and Edge of Glory, and then they submitted Gypsy and Dope for ARTPOP for some weird reason. 

It's because at the time they thought the main singles (teog, btw, applause) would be nominated just by their popularity and her star power, so they could submit the lesser known songs for extra nominations. In hindsight it didn't play out well. For Born This Way I could imagine why they did that, but with ARTPOP they should've known better tbh.

1 hour ago, Biagio2103 said:

It's not eligible, songs from Grammy winning albums are no longer eligible for nominations (ROM won Pop Duo while being part of Chromatica), that's why Dua can't send anything from Future Nostalgia (she can only send Levitating Remix, but I'm sure she won't because of DaBaby's controversy). "911" is only eligible for MV because it's a separate release from the album. 

Even if "911" were eligible, the Grammys can't move it to Pop Solo because Gaga already send a song from Love for Sale, and she can't submit two different songs to the same category as a performer.

Exactly and while Rain On Me did win a Grammy - the album itself didn't win its category (Best Pop Vocal/Album of the Year), therefore, the rest of the tracks can be submitted if they were made singles or had a video release during the eligibility period. You're right about Dua's situation though, because Future Nostalgia won its album category, so technically every song on it is already "rewarded" in a sense. 

spector

the colons after the titles bother me so much. they’re not visually pleasing, nor are they consistent with the first one. :selena:

stella + elliot = stelliot

AnglerfishbraBENUS
10 hours ago, Thomas P said:

No they submitted Judas and You And I instead of Born This Way and Edge of Glory, and then they submitted Gypsy and Dope for ARTPOP for some weird reason. 

lmao because her management was out to get her obviously - or those were her faves and she wasn’t playing the grammys game yet …

jacs vs looser
7 hours ago, Luc said:

It's because at the time they thought the main singles (teog, btw, applause) would be nominated just by their popularity and her star power, so they could submit the lesser known songs for extra nominations. In hindsight it didn't play out well. For Born This Way I could imagine why they did that, but with ARTPOP they should've known better tbh.

As far as I know songs cannot be nominated if they're not submitted, I remember reading about the nomination process and that's one of the first requirements. And it makes sense too, otherwise it would render the submitting process moot. 

10 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

I think there’s a high chance for 911 winning best music video.It’s pure art

Exactly.  And based on the release date of the mv it is eligible.

I live outside the space time continuum.

11 hours ago, Biagio2103 said:

That rule is literally about albums that won a Grammy. It does not apply to individual songs from the album. Future Nostalgia won in an album category, and that's why it cannot submit versions of songs that were on the album to any categories this year.

Archived