Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is It A Red Flag When Someone Only Have White Artists In Their Faves List?

RAMROD

How Many POC (Black, Asian, Latino, Etc.) Artist In Your Faves List?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. How Many POC (Black, Asian, Latino, Etc.) Artist In Your Faves List?

• About A Couple
    • None
    • More than 5

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bleachella
30 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

most artists are white, so ... it's kind of hard to not have only white artists in your fave lists. personally i have mariah carey and beyoncé so i'm all sorted. :oops:

most artists are white... huh?????????????????????????

PartySick
1 hour ago, Meredith Grey said:

Tbh just ask them what their favorite Rihanna song is. Everyone on the planet likes at least ONE Rihanna song. If they don’t like any there is something sketch and this is a hill I’m willing to die on.

I thought this was silly when I first read it but then I was like "...well, it's between Russian Roulette and Woo..." :emma:

OT: People will mention rap and hiphop for genres that are dominated by POC artists but let's not forget jazz, gays.

If it weren't for Gaga and MJ, Lizz Wright would be my favorite vocalist :bradley: and before her, you have a plethora of black men and women that literally created modern music.

🖤

CaliforniaDreamin
2 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

It'd be a red flag if their Top artists/bands were Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, BTS and Katy Perry. I'd run from that relationship.

They sound like a Leo or Scorpio, run run 

NichuuB
57 minutes ago, NATAH said:

of the 300+ artists/bands i listen to, only 22 are POC/contain a POC member :bradley:

MAGA queen:hor:

Property of @Whale

RAMROD
31 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

This post kind of seems redundant 

so you are the police, hm??

c3320f3f040fcc4776c597fb3971b0d9.thumb.j

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ChicaSkas

I love everything except certain kinds of country. 

Love: Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton/Porter Wagonner, Dixie Chicks (aka The Chicks) and Shania Twain, Linda Rondstadt 

Hate: Beer swigging uneducated redneck country 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
48 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I thought this was silly when I first read it but then I was like "...well, it's between Russian Roulette and Woo..." :emma:

OT: People will mention rap and hiphop for genres that are dominated by POC artists but let's not forget jazz, gays.

If it weren't for Gaga and MJ, Lizz Wright would be my favorite vocalist :bradley: and before her, you have a plethora of black men and women that literally created modern music.

Umbrella and Monster

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Agunimon

This thread was on ATRL, but was more specific to the artists you stanned. Not the artists you listened to.

I listen to a wide range of music genres and wide range of ethnicities because of that. I'd say most prominently I listen to rap and among those artists, I listen to Big Sean, A$AP Ferg, Kanye, J. Cole and Kid Cudi the most.

5 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

I love everything except certain kinds of country. 

Love: Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton/Porter Wagonner, Dixie Chicks (aka The Chicks) and Shania Twain, Linda Rondstadt 

Hate: Beer swigging uneducated redneck country 

I love all those artists also.  Do you also like bluegrass?

I live outside the space time continuum.

ChicaSkas

The asap crew

Eminem 

Twista 

Run DMC

Young Money

Some Drake here and there 

Ja Rule

Occasionally Nicki Minaj

Occasionally  Eve

Mary J Blige

Timbaland

Love all of those guys and girls. 

ChicaSkas
1 minute ago, Ronk said:

I love all those artists also.  Do you also like bluegrass?

Yes, and some folk, and I forgot to say the Carter / Cash family , Johnny and June and their daughter, I have a ticket to see their daughter next year in concert. 

I just bootlegged/ got to see Roger Mcguinn of the Byrds in July and I also got to go to an Arlo Guthrie concert a few years back and David Crosby of CSNY.

Glenn Campbell was excellent too, RIP. 

JgHaus78

Yes, but I wouldn’t overthink it and blame it on lack of exposure or stigma. If they were outright only into white artist then it would be a major red flag. 

Archived