💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is It A Red Flag When Someone Only Have White Artists In Their Faves List?

RAMROD

How Many POC (Black, Asian, Latino, Etc.) Artist In Your Faves List?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. How Many POC (Black, Asian, Latino, Etc.) Artist In Your Faves List?

• About A Couple
    • None
    • More than 5

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Sometimes people do it by instinct, without knowing they are only listen to music by white artists, in any genres and countries. And only realizing it when they take a closer look.

But sometimes, people deliberately choose to only listen to music by white artists, and actively posted negative comments about non white artists threads on online forums or on their social media pages.

Either way, what do you think of this subject? Is it a red flag to you when you find your friend or date are like that? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheDemonIClingTo

Why would it be? 

Unless they only like Lynyrd Skynyrd or something like that, then it may very well be so

artdoll

by faves list, do you mean artists i follow or artists I stan? :oprah: I just wanna make sure so I can give the correct answer

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

my fav artists atm are Gaga, Lorde,Grimes and some Greek artists ( I also like FKA twigs but I need to see more to consider her one of my favs). One of them has an Arabic background which I recently found out. Am I problematic?

hmm I see levels to it. If someone actively chooses not to listen to POC/dislikes virtually only POC artists then yes red flag. people frequently flock to those who represent them.

i dont like rap and rnb... so maybe its because of how i was raised, but already you take out 3/4 of black popular artists. 

I likle beyoncé.

it is an interesting topic. 

RAMROD
18 minutes ago, artdoll said:

by faves list, do you mean artists i follow or artists I stan? :oprah: I just wanna make sure so I can give the correct answer

I would say someone you enjoy, so it could be either.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

NFRatwell

“I only listen to ______ artists” is always a red flag. I don’t think people should limit their music tastes to certain types of artists (race, sexuality, gender) or genres either 

littlepotter

Yeah I saw that thread on ATRL, it was a mess. I don't have a "stan list," I only properly stan Gaga. Out of my top 50 listened to, most are white, but also most are pop/synthpop/art pop artists. If there were more popular POC in those genres they would probably be on my list. There are a few that I know of, and they're there: janelle monae, bey, rih, rina sawayama, and at #14 rupaul :toofunny:

chaeri pls

flyaway

When it comes to music, there are no frontiers for my taste. There are many cultural backgrounds, different sounds, genres, identities, etc...

Plastic Flower

I listen to all kind of artists. Only listening to white artists would be a little boring for me since I find most of them uninteresting.

Drop it

Archived