💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Brandi Carlile disappointed in Grammys moving 'Right on Time' to pop

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Brandi Carlile's single "Right on Time," from her recent Billboard Top Americana/Folk Albums and Top Rock Albums No. 1 album In These Silent Days, has been moved from the American roots Grammys categories to the pop category.

"Right on Time" was submitted for record of the year, song of the year, best American roots song, best American roots performance and best music video, short form. The song was accepted in the all-genre record of the year, song of the year and music video categories, but removed from American roots song and American roots performance categories into the pop solo performance category. Carlile's album In These Silent Days, which released Oct. 1, is not eligible for this year's Grammys, as it was released outside the eligibility period, which closed Sept. 30.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9651221/brandi-carlile-grammys-americana-pop-right-on-time/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVf_IQIvKvK/

aaf.jpg

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

James Gibson

grammys did right, that song is pop lol artists are just doing all this tantrums to bring them attention during voting

thatfoxyfeeling

Yeah first time I’ve heard the song and it sounds like a typical pop emotional/break up song. 

In the context of the album and her collected works, it's obviously an Americana/American Roots song. Her song "The Joke" has the same sound, and won the Grammy for Best American Roots Song and Best American Roots Performance.

She dyed her hair blonde and started wearing sparkly tops, so the Grammy's think she is a pop star now. :toofunny:

6 minutes ago, SKANK said:

In the context of the album and her collected works, it's obviously an Americana/American Roots song. Her song "The Joke" has the same sound, and won the Grammy for Best American Roots Song and Best American Roots Performance.

She dyed her hair blonde and started wearing sparkly tops, so the Grammy's think she is a pop star now. :toofunny:

I wondered the exact same thing lol, like what makes this songs so different from "The Joke". To me Brandi Carlile it's sinonym of Americana sound, genre, i mean I'm not an expert at this stuff, but it's just what i listen in her music and "Right on Time" is no different. :huh:

Anyways great song, Brandi it's a great songwriter, i like her voice a lot.

1 minute ago, Magui said:

I wondered the exact same thing lol, like what makes this songs so different from "The Joke". To me Brandi Carlile it's sinonym of Americana sound, genre, i mean I'm not an expert at this stuff, but it's just what i listen in her music and "Right on Time" is no different. :huh:

Anyways great song, Brandi it's a great songwriter, i like her voice a lot.

She just won Artist of The Year at the Americana Music Awards for this song and album.

They aren't allowing the most prominent artist of the moment in American Roots to be nominated in the American Roots category...even though they gave her the American Roots Grammy for her last album which sounded virtually identical to this one.

It's such a weird choice. :smh:

Robo Ga

I saw her on SNL this weekend and I’ve never been so bored in my life :bradley: glad she reps for the gays tho, and acknowledges POC building her genre, respect girl âœŠđŸ»  

Sometimes the Grammys are just so off on their genre categorizations that it blows my mind
so I can see where she is coming from, in that sense.

đŸ€–âšĄïž

Butters Stotch

Sounds like country/pop to me...? Excuse me if I sound ignorant but that's what it sounds to me with my very limited knowledge on music. Maybe something P!mk would've done...? It reminded me of P!nk a lot.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Archived