💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Dr. Luke wants to tell jury that Kesha's allegation cost him $46M

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

From 2006 through 2015, Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald made an astonishing $77.8 million in publishing income from co-writing such hits as Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl,” Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend,” Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the U.S.A.”. Then came a rape allegation from Kesha Rose Sebert. Suddenly, artists stopped working with him, and the income dried up.

When a defamation trial finally gets underway in the seven-year-long legal battle, Dr. Luke wants to present an expert to testify that the smear cost him $46 million in lost business opportunities.

Those numbers come from court records unsealed on Monday. A New York judge will soon decide whether certain evidence is inadmissible, and both sides have requests. 

Kesha:
• wants  to stop Dr. Luke from having a psychiatrist testify that her allegations are more consistent with a false report of rape than a true one
• wants  to stop witnesses from telling a jury that he’s incapable of rape
• demands that personal matters such as the uncertainty of her biological father be deemed out of bounds. 

Dr. Luke
•wants the judge to strike any testimony about his enormous wealth, any evidence that he was a “drug dealer,” any mention of unrelated copyright claims against him, any false talk of a Lady Gaga rape and any larger discussion of the #MeToo movement.

The damages model from Dr. Luke’s financial expert, Arthur Erkhttps://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21092203-erk
Erk creates a model to estimate lost business opportunities. This report includes a spreadsheet of annual publishing income from songs recorded by the likes of Britney Spears, Jessie J, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Adam Lambert and on and on.
The rape accusation cost Dr. Luke income from producing Katy Perry’s most recent albums. There, Erk notes that Dr. Luke earned $26.7 million from working on Perry’s first three albums and says it is reasonable that he would have earned $11.65 million more on her next three. His overall calculation is $46,253,672 in damage

On Thursday, New York Justice Jennifer Schecter will oversee a hearing where both sides will make their respective arguments about evidence and testimony at the forthcoming trial.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

RainingOnMe

He needs to leave Gaga out of this. :wtf:

Anyway, Free Kesha. Shame on all of you that stream and support K*m P*tr*s.

6 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Anyway, Free Kesha. Shame on all of you that stream and support K*m P*tr*s.

How about you let people listen to who they want :hor: 

imitalian
6 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Shame on all of you that stream and support K*m P*tr*s.

Yeah cause Kim Petras is definitely the one paying Dr. L*ke's bills when he just had multiple hits with Doja. 

RainingOnMe
2 minutes ago, imitalian said:

Yeah cause Kim Petras is definitely the one paying Dr. L*ke's bills when he just had multiple hits with Doja. 

Doja is in a contact with him since she was 16 years old.

Kim never had a contract with him and continuously worked with him despite everything and even said she'd never work with someone she believed to be an abuser (calling Kesha a liar).

We're not going to go over this again because you all know this by now. There's no excusing it anymore.

1 minute ago, RainingOnMe said:

Doja is in a contact with him since she was 16 years old.

Kim never had a contract with him and continuously worked with him despite everything and even said she'd never work with someone she believed to be an abuser (calling Kesha a liar).

We're not going to go over this again because you all know this by now. There's no excusing it anymore.

If you keep cancelling people, you’ll eventually run out 

bionic

Funny how he wants to strike references to his wealth from the record but rely on loss of income to pull on jury heartstrings. "It cost me $11 million" is a lot more sympathetic than "It cost me $11 million additional to my existing $150 million net worth"

i see you liucas

buy bionic

LeJudas

Defend Kim Petra's all y'all want. Y'all swear like she is serving the best in her lane when there are better and less morally wrong artists to support over her. 

js4754394o9823
1 hour ago, POP2 said:

How about you let people listen to who they want :hor: 

do you have the same energy in conversation about streaming and giving your money to r.kelly and dababy, or you just don’t care about this case alone?

idk what’s worst tbh

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Anderson123

Yikes I completely forgot he worked on Adam Lambert's first two albums but he's a hit maker. It's so hard to find a pop song that is not related to him but if people decide to cut any relationship to him then it's their decision. 

2 hours ago, RainingOnMe said:

She'll be fine

Not only because she's never hinted that he was her abuser in any way, but also because she made it very clear that it was Rob Fusari

FentyGa
2 hours ago, POP2 said:

and then we can stop glamorising and idolising celebrities:vegas:

RainingOnMe
2 hours ago, POP2 said:

This has nothing to do with "cancelling people" and everything to do with a r*pe apologist who has made a mockery out of this situation by naming her album Problematique. It's disgusting. But of course I'm a fool for thinking I can reason with people like you on here. :vegas:

Enjoy your cheap pop music made by someone who's producer and best friends are abusers I guess.

Archived