Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

LAT: L4S could win album of the year at The Grammys

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Los Angeles Times
You can almost picture it: Tony Bennett, beaming and crinkly-eyed at age 95, shuffling slowly to the podium with help from Lady Gaga as the in-house band strikes up one of the indelible Cole Porter numbers from their latest collaborative LP. “Love for Sale,” as it’s called, has just been named album of the year, and now — before an arena full of stars, including a teary-eyed Taylor Swift, and with millions tuned in at home — it’s time for Gaga to pay tribute to her legendary friend with Alzheimer’s disease.

An improbable scenario at next year’s 64th Grammy Awards? Perhaps. But given the Recording Academy’s long-established weakness for old-timers and cross-generational hookups — think Robert Plant and Alison Krauss winning album of the year in 2009, or Herbie Hancock doing it in 2008, or Natalie Cole and her late father, Nat King Cole, in 1992 — an emotional Gaga/Bennett victory could make for an elegant solution to what feels like the lack of a clear front-runner for pop music’s most prestigious prize.

It’s the always-unpredictable Grammys, said one music-industry insider, adding with a laugh, “I could see it happening.”

For the academy, a throwback win for “Love for Sale” would also serve as a welcome reminder of a simpler era, back before the Grammys became the cultural and political flashpoint they often resemble today.
source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DanielM

It's a lovely picture, that's for sure. Sadly, Grammys don't want to remind a "simple era" of music, they want the drama of the pop stars turned into reality-tv celebrities. 

girl...it's not happening 

traditional pop vocal album yes but an AOTY win/nomination is a bit far fetched imo. 

also the fact ASIB was snubbed for AOTY even though it did extremely well for a movie soundtrack makes me feel weary of the recording academy's taste.

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

thatfoxyfeeling

A jazz album with no original music winning AOTY? that would be a travesty and could ruin Gaga's career, imagine the backlash from the GP when no one has even heard the album. It's not going to happen and other artists deserve it more. 

berlinforme
3 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

A jazz album with no original music winning AOTY? that would be a travesty and could ruin Gaga's career, imagine the backlash from the GP when no one has even heard the album. It's not going to happen and other artists deserve it more. 

Remember Beck's win and the backlash a few years ago? 

Patriziaa Reggiani

I'm projecting and manifesting a AOTY NOM first than I'll do satanic rituals for the win! 

satan dancing GIF by Super Deluxe

I will not watch House of Gucci

HiddenWeirdo
28 minutes ago, S0436 said:

Doubt it when the current chart run on Billboard200 is 8-39-124

This shouldn‘t affect the Grammy‘s… it shouldn‘t but it sadly does.

DanielM
26 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

That's not the point. I don't think anyone will be upset or even criticize the win of a 95-year-old musician with Alzheimer’s disease that gave so much to American music. It would be seen as a deserved homage.

And they have a point - there is no front-runner this year. Sure, Lil Nas X deserves it (he has the hits and he is the one doing something new that should be awarded) but I think no one will be really upset if he or Olivia or even Taylor doesn't win. It's up to debate honestly and there is no right answer. 

But yeah, it is wishful thinking, it will not happen.

CannaeDrive

Nice of you LA Times, now let's spawn this good idea into the mind of Grammy voters,

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Gagaplayer315

Lets be real if ASIB's soundtrack couldn't do it, neither can L4S :billie:

Archived