Featured Posts

Cello

Do we even know whether its going to be submitted for AOTY :selena:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Lmao that'd happen in a perfect world. This is the Grammys, A Star Is Born wasn't even nominated for Album of the Year and they predicted it to win. They're just gonna jinx it.

thatfoxyfeeling
19 minutes ago, DanielM said:

That's not the point. I don't think anyone will be upset or even criticize the win of a 95-year-old musician with Alzheimer’s disease that gave so much to American music. It would be seen as a deserved homage.

And they have a point - there is no front-runner this year. Sure, Lil Nas X deserves it (he has the hits and he is the one doing something new that should be awarded) but I think no one will be really upset if he or Olivia or even Taylor doesn't win. It's up to debate honestly and there is no right answer. 

But yeah, it is wishful thinking, it will not happen.

Billie or Lil Nas X deserve to win AOTY, giving AOTY to Gaga and Tony would be like giving Glenn Close an Oscar for her performance in Hillbilly Elegy. 

A Star is Born not making Album of the Year, but Always Remember Us This Way making Song of the Year despite missing Best Pop Solo Performance, was always a pretty clear tell that Blue Ribbon Panel blocked the former (for whatever reason) and gave Gaga the latter as a consolation prize. The BRP no longer exists, so don't count Love For Sale out. 

It'd would be amazingly ironic if the first year without the panel, which was instituted in the first placed because Tony's MTV Unplugged won AOTY, if a Tony Bennett album won again.

Flawless

I think it's possible but I don't think it will. Also, I don't think there will be backlash if it happens, This year we don't have huge front runners or a total favorite for this category. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

InTheCloset
1 hour ago, Oreo said:

I'm projecting and manifesting a AOTY NOM first than I'll do satanic rituals for the win! 

satan dancing GIF by Super Deluxe

YASSSSS. PRAISE HECATE!!!!!!! OUR OTHER MOTHER

The abyss stares back

I think L4S has a real chance. The frontrunners are really weak IMO, so I see the winner being an unexpected or unknown album, not a commercial smash.

-Sour: Just bc Olivia had a big year doesn’t make her album stellar. Call it what it is, a redux of Taylor/Lorde/Avril. She def deserves an award for Driver’s License though. 

-Happier Than Ever: Great album. Def deserves a nom. Much more artistic and deserving than Sour. But it’s similar sound to her previous AOTY-winning album makes me think Billie won’t win again. 

-Evermore: Good, could score a nom, but more like an extension of Folklore. Can’t see Taylor winning for this the year after winning for Folklore. That would be insane. 

-COTCC: could see Lana scoring a nom, still riding on a high from critics’ praise of NFR. Cannot see it winning if NFR didn’t win.

-Star Crossed / Solar Power: do not reach the highs of the Kacey or Lorde’s previous releases. Could see them being shut out  altogether. 

(i dont think that any of the above scored an 8+ on Pitchfork, so think about that)

Compare this to last year, when we had clear frontrunners before noms were announced: Folklore, Future Nostalgia, Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours. 

InTheCloset
1 hour ago, Oreo said:

I'm projecting and manifesting a AOTY NOM first than I'll do satanic rituals for the win! 

satan dancing GIF by Super Deluxe

YASSSSS. PRAISE HECATE!!!!!!! OUR OTHER MOTHER

The abyss stares back

The most we can hope for is traditional pop vocal to be televised lmao 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

nodandsmile

with the commitee gone, it will be a popular contest... so no

a nomination would be lovely but even that I don't think is likely, though it'd be deserved!

trad pop is happening for sure!

1 hour ago, Cello said:

Do we even know whether its going to be submitted for AOTY :selena:

Of course it will

Even Gypsy was submitted for SOTY and Dope was for ROTY so...:vegas:

Archived