💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

911 (song) can still win a Grammy

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

There’s this Grammy rule that says that if a song’s parent album didn’t get to win a Grammy, the song can still be submitted as a single, the eligibility will be based on when the song was serviced to radio/given a video treatment, and 911 was serviced to French and Italian radio back in September of last year, the start of the eligibility period for next year’s award show.

It can compete for Best Dance Recording, Best Pop Solo Performance, ROTY, SOTY.

And if Gaga continues to release another single from the album it can be submitted for another year since the album didn’t win any Grammy, I guess that’s the positive side of it losing lol

IllusionLover

Okay but what do you mean Chromatica didn't win any grammys? It won 2 this year.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Lighter
26 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Okay but what do you mean Chromatica didn't win any grammys? It won 2 this year.

the album didn’t 

If I were on Gaga's team, the submissions I would make would be:

Love for Sale: Album of the Year, Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
I Get a Kick Out Of You: Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Do I Love You (or Let's Do It): Best Pop Solo Performance
911: Song of the Year, Best Music Video, Best Dance Recording
Dawn of Chromatica: Best Dance/Electronic Album*

*It would get screened out as ineligible but it can't hurt to try on the off chance they let some category fraud happen

Of those, I think there's a realistic chance that Love for Sale gets nominated for both (and wins BTPVA), IGAKOOY gets nominated and wins Pop Duo, and 911 gets nominated for Music Video. 

58 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

1. Gaga only won one last year. Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for Rain on Me.  She has 2 nominations.
2. Songs from Grammy-winning albums cannot be submitted in subsequent years. So any singles from Chromatica are eligible in the eligibility period in which they were released.

1 hour ago, Lighter said:

It can compete for Best Dance Recording, Best Pop Solo Performance, ROTY, SOTY.

I believe it's one or the other not both.

Anderson123
9 minutes ago, agpuh said:

Dawn of Chromatica: Best Dance/Electronic Album*

*It would get screened out as ineligible but it can't hurt to try on the off chance they let some category fraud happen

I think I read somewhere that it can't be submitted to that but they can submit a song for Best Remixed Recording but it'd go to the DJ. Like for example, if they submit Rain On Me Remix, the Grammy would go to Arca, not Gaga or Bloodpop, Tchami, Burns nor Rami.

Lighter
16 minutes ago, Wixson said:

I believe it's one or the other not both.

yes that’s what i meant

YCHofficial
4 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

Chromatica was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album but did not win.

Rain On Me won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Pennywise

This reads like one of those "...here's how (x candidate) still win!!!" posts :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived