💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

INVASION [Apple TV]

Eido

Featured Posts

Hello,

I wanted to make this thread about the new sci-fi show that Apple TV released last Friday.

Invasion follows the stories of 5 characters and their families during the beginning of an alien Invasion. The show has 3 episodes released so far mostly to introduce the characters and set the whole thing. 

I personally loved the first episodes so far! Sure it is not a war movie (at least for now) and we can't really understand everything that is happening but I love the fact that they focus on the characters feeling and back stories. Also, the fact that they respect the codes and languages of the different sets (Japan, UK, USA and Afghanistan I think) is really good. 

One thing I do not understand is why it received bad reviews.

The critics have been roasting this show for mainly for three reason :

- There is no major white American male (it is seen as "pretentious")

- The show does not take place in the USA only but on the whole planet (and apparently this is also seen as "pretentious")

- It is starting slowly and there is no an all out war after 10 minutes 

Here is the trailer

MaybeKermit

well I'm a Sci-Fi geek, and I never heard about this show, so I did some research.

Most people criticize the show for being "too slow", apparently there is not really a "story" --> it doesn't go anywhere (at least in these first 3 episodes).

also, people find it not Sci-Fi/intense enough, but more on the 'boring'/emotional/humans + their backstories-side

Only by reading these reviews I already decided not to watch it, because I'm not interested in these "emotional' takes on Sci-Fi stories lol

keep me posted tho !!! it could turn out to be amazing after all, lol

17 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

well I'm a Sci-Fi geek, and I never heard about this show, so I did some research.

Most people criticize the show for being "too slow", apparently there is not really a "story" --> it doesn't go anywhere (at least in these first 3 episodes).

also, people find it not Sci-Fi/intense enough, but more on the 'boring'/emotional/humans + their backstories-side

Only by reading these reviews I already decided not to watch it, because I'm not interested in these "emotional' takes on Sci-Fi stories lol

keep me posted tho !!! it could turn out to be amazing after all, lol

So basically it's not interesting because it's a TV show and not a movie and because the characters are actually developed and human? :triggered:

thatfoxyfeeling

I've watched the 3 episodes and I enjoyed them but I agree with the critics, it's really slow and bloated with irrelevant storylines. There was too much emphasis on the husband having an affair on his wife and I enjoyed the perspective of certain characters over others.  

MaybeKermit
1 minute ago, Eido said:

So basically it's not interesting because it's a TV show and not a movie and because the characters are actually developed and human? :triggered:

no, not at all, but only when done right tbh. I'll def give it a try tho just to see

I hope it gets better. Game of thrones started slow af in my opinion but then it got very intense really quickly. In fact I was bored all through season 1. If it weren't because of the last episode I would have stopped watching. Maybe things will go crazy all of a sudden. Imagine this becoming the TWD of aliens, that'd be cool. 

The creator of the show did say that the first episodes were to introduce the different characters and their respective story but that by the end of the season they would meet 

Just like no one could understand the first episode of The OA 

I do believe we need to give this show a shot 

Especially when it gives something else than just an alien war that will be won by... Americans 

• 2 weeks later...
thatfoxyfeeling
On 10/26/2021 at 2:07 AM, Eido said:

The creator of the show did say that the first episodes were to introduce the different characters and their respective story but that by the end of the season they would meet 

Just like no one could understand the first episode of The OA 

I do believe we need to give this show a shot 

Especially when it gives something else than just an alien war that will be won by... Americans 

5 episodes in and this was a short episode, next week is even shorter at 33 minutes. :partysick: I can’t see this being renewed for a second season. 

17 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

5 episodes in and this was a short episode, next week is even shorter at 33 minutes. :partysick: I can’t see this being renewed for a second season. 

It wasn't a bad episode 

And apple kinda renew all of their shows for at least a second season 

Archived