Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Eternals - Marvel film dubbed 'most disappointing' MCU movie

CyanDante

Featured Posts

Fantina

Some of yall are being very childish with these comments. I am not a huge fan of the MCU but you don't see me calling their movies trash. Grow up.

Will definitely give this movie a go. The plot sounds very cool.

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PawsUpJago

I don't tend to take serious opinions on film from people who love the MCU films unironically, to me they are all "just superhero movies" at best and almost in the lowest form of film entertainment, so we'll see what they meant by this critique. This is the first one in forever that I've actually wanted to see and if it doesn't follow the tired formula then even better perhaps?

I have friends who went to the premiere in Paris and they told me that people who are used to the same superhero formula will not appreciate it. Apparently the accent is put on the emotions and the dialogs 

Hence why it is a long movie

CyanDante
18 minutes ago, Eido said:

I have friends who went to the premiere in Paris and they told me that people who are used to the same superhero formula will not appreciate it. Apparently the accent is put on the emotions and the dialogs 

Hence why it is a long movie

This actually makes me hopeful. :pray: I mean it kinda makes sense as well, with Chloe Zhao directing it, you can't really expect a James Gunn movie! 

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

CoolTrainerTerry
56 minutes ago, PawsUpJago said:

I don't tend to take serious opinions on film from people who love the MCU films unironically, to me they are all "just superhero movies" at best and almost in the lowest form of film entertainment,

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

gagzus

As a comic book fan, I’m glad to hear it’s becoming less action-y and putting more focus on the characters. That’s one reason I loved Wandavision in particular because there was more focus on the story telling.

the comics have always had a lot of depth to them, and I’m hoping particularly as an X-Men fan they’re setting up mutants in this film since in the comics The Eternals are essentially the origins of mutants and the X-gene.

CyanDante
22 minutes ago, gagzus said:

As a comic book fan, I’m glad to hear it’s becoming less action-y and putting more focus on the characters. That’s one reason I loved Wandavision in particular because there was more focus on the story telling.

the comics have always had a lot of depth to them, and I’m hoping particularly as an X-Men fan they’re setting up mutants in this film since in the comics The Eternals are essentially the origins of mutants and the X-gene.

Being a 90's kid, I used to be obsessed with the X-Men and Justice League. Didn't even know about the Avengers. :toofunny: I think only Spiderman was like mega popular in India.

I can't wait to see how MCU handles X-Men. We already had Wanda and Wandavision, so it feels like they are on the right track. 

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

PawsUpJago
1 hour ago, CoolTrainerTerry said:

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

I forgot having opinions is seen as edgy here 😂 it's not like I'm the only one who thinks this judging by this thread alone. You have every right to defend these films as I do to say they're dogshit. Just wish your comeback wasn't from the early 2010s 😛

gagzus
1 hour ago, CyanDante said:

Being a 90's kid, I used to be obsessed with the X-Men and Justice League. Didn't even know about the Avengers. :toofunny: I think only Spiderman was like mega popular in India.

I can't wait to see how MCU handles X-Men. We already had Wanda and Wandavision, so it feels like they are on the right track. 

People often forget that the avengers in the comic books were actually the shortest lived of all team ups, that’s why they’re probably moving onto Young Avengers and Dark Avengers now, as well as Fantastic 4 and X-Men because besides Avengers v X-Men they’ve done all the major Avengers comic storylines now.

Yeah, I’ve heard they’re gonna use Dr Strange 2 and another future movie to somehow introduce mutants. It’s been confirmed they’re bringing in some of the fox versions of the X-Men and Captain Carter in Multiverse of Madness somehow.

CoolTrainerTerry
12 hours ago, PawsUpJago said:

I forgot having opinions is seen as edgy here 😂 it's not like I'm the only one who thinks this judging by this thread alone. You have every right to defend these films as I do to say they're dogshit. Just wish your comeback wasn't from the early 2010s 😛

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. Just like there's nothing wrong with people enjoying the movies. You saying they're dogshit is fine, I don't care. To completely dismiss someone's opinion on movies in general just because they like a movie you don't is pretty close minded, and - forgive me - kind of stupid. Just my opinion, of course. 

And why does it matter that a gif was from the 2010s?? We're on a popstar internet forum in the year 2021. Time means nothing. :staymad: Sorry, that emoji is from the 2000s. 

Chromatican

It's now tied with Thor: The Dark World at 66% for the lowest rated film of all the 26 released by the MCU.

TheDemonIClingTo
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

It's now tied with Thor: The Dark World at 66% for the lowest rated film of all the 26 released by the MCU.

oh my god omg GIF

18 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

I'm sure it's not a bad movie but certainly not what fans would expect... I heard there are not many action sequences but the ones that they did are really good. I appreciate the risk, tho... I think this might be on my top 5 :ladyhaha:

49 minutes ago, CoolTrainerTerry said:

63% now :saladga:

Mess... I bet it's not that bad. Like, there are some bad movies in the MCU and they got better RT scores. This has to be a disaster and there's no way that's happening

Archived