Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Eternals - Marvel film dubbed 'most disappointing' MCU movie

CyanDante

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, CyanDante said:

"Guardian says - Eternals review – magic hour meets PowerPoint in Chloe Zhao’s Marvel yarn" 

KSJFHDYIAKS I- :billie:

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatican
3 minutes ago, NATAH said:

that's called a genre, babe!

you'll find films in the same genre have the same core elements and themes that make them a certain genre

Superhero movies aren’t a whole genre in and of themselves, it’s a sub genre of action and sci fi. And Superhero films can be risky and adventurous too.

Just now, Chromatican said:

Superhero movies aren’t a whole genre in and of themselves, it’s a sub genre of action and sci fi. And Superhero films can be risky and adventurous too.

so you agree, it's a genre within a genre meaning core elements will be shared so it fits within that genre :ally:

mother, what must i do?

Chromatican
3 minutes ago, NATAH said:

so you agree, it's a genre within a genre meaning core elements will be shared so it fits within that genre :ally:

It’s not a genre, it’s a SUBgenre. Sub modifies and changes the word genre. Which means that superhero films will share core elements yes, but MCU films by their nature are creatively strangled by the weight of an ongoing continuity which demands characters, tone, and plot beats are shackled. Spider-Man can’t end the world and kill the human population because the movies have to continue which means the stakes are lowered. A gay sex scene can’t happen because the franchise demands family friendly content. 

Chromatican

Black Widow’s script was written in eleven days! How can people honestly say it’s just genre conventions. The MCU is clearly formulaic, which is fine, but not for years on end. 

Just now, Chromatican said:

A gay sex scene can’t happen because the franchise demands family friendly content. 

deadpool had some pegging so we're on the right track, baby :enigma:

mother, what must i do?

Chromatican
Just now, NATAH said:

deadpool had some pegging so we're on the right track, baby :enigma:

Deadpool was not released by the MCU.

TasteLikeWhiskey
5 hours ago, Reality said:

From what I’ve seen, it’s much more of a “Chloe Zhao” film than it is a “Marvel” film. 

I think this is a post-Oscar marketing campaign Idea which was well sold. Nothing about this production was started or ended as being a 'Chloe Zhao' project. Let's be honest an not be fooled:neyde:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

5 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Deadpool was not released by the MCU.

whoops, i thought we meant the superhero genre in general :enigma:

mother, what must i do?

Reality
5 minutes ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

I think this is a post-Oscar marketing campaign Idea which was well sold. Nothing about this production was started or ended as being a 'Chloe Zhao' project. Let's be honest an not be fooled:neyde:

Kevin Feige said he was sold on Chloe’s pitch for the movie as soon as she brought it up to him. Also, the fact that the TEASER trailer got mixed reception tells you that right out of the gate, this was going to be a divisive movie. A lot of casual Marvel fans will expect this to be more action-oriented than it actually is. Even the reviewers who didn’t like the film still said it was by far Marvel’s “most ambitious and unique” movie.

🃏🖤👹

SwissMonster
32 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

There are over 25 films in the MCU and I've watched about 10 of them. I'm so bored with the formula now that I can't bring myself to finish the rest of them. And some of the ones I DID watch were so boring or overloaded with CGI sequences that I kept losing track of the story.

Does that make more sense? :partysick:

Nah still not at all. I think the problem is that you just don’t like this type of movies. And thats okay. If you don’t like overloaded CGI then the MCU just isn’t for you. A formula is literally used for any genre or universe. Look at Star Wars for example. They need a formula since they are all connected, thats why even if you saw 10 of them you probably don’t get all connection points, which in some cases maybe makes some of the movies bland or pointless (which in my opinion is still untrue cause I think they all work very well as standalone)

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Queen Bitch

Eternals was the first MCU movie I was really interested in seeing since Thor: Ragnarok (I still have not seen Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Shang-Chi or Ant-Man and the Wasp) so this is really disappointing that it's getting this kind of reception.

TasteLikeWhiskey
1 minute ago, Reality said:

Kevin Feige said he was sold on Chloe’s pitch for the movie as soon as she brought it up to him. 

I am sure that people were impressed by her pitch/interview. That is usually how you get the job. 

Where do you get this information from, though? Is it dated before or after the award run of Chloe? 

Oscar winners have made unappealing movies before:awkney:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

SwissMonster
8 minutes ago, Der Meister said:

Can they stop making super hero movies already? This is so stupid. 

Why do they need to stop superhero movies if millions like them? You are not the center of the world. 

You know, if you don’t like em, just ignore the movies and this thread? :awkney:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Archived