💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Eternals - Marvel film dubbed 'most disappointing' MCU movie

CyanDante

Featured Posts

Chromatican
Just now, HEARTSTOP said:

When do superhero movies ever get good reviews from the critics anyway?

Every MCU film is Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes girl. :laughga:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatican
1 minute ago, JaysAMess said:

Critics are irrelevant to me, I'm just so hyped to see this. Angelina getting praise, we love to see it. :vegas:

Post some superhero movies that all have the same plot. Genuinely curious, because I've never watched a cbm that's had the same plot as another.

Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians 2, Captain Marvel and Shang-Chi all have similar elements and MCU movies generally have a formula of the hero's journey, comic relief, no sexual elements, and tease the next entry.

JaysAMess
Just now, Chromatican said:

Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians 2, Captain Marvel and Shang-Chi all have similar elements and MCU movies generally have a formula of the hero's journey, comic relief, no sexual elements, and tease the next entry.

Yeah, the MCU has the same formula, but they said the SAME PLOT. None of those movies have the same plot.

Chromatican
Just now, JaysAMess said:

Yeah, the MCU has the same formula, but they said the SAME PLOT. None of those movies have the same plot.

Well, not exactly the same plot, but the story beats and tones are pretty similar, with a big bad and all ending with a CGI action fest.

Chromatican
1 minute ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Yes, but 71 is VERY low for an MCU film, with only Thor 2 and The Incredible Hulk scoring lower in the high sixties. Rotten films are films that earn scores below 60% on RT.

I’m tired of this discussion already :saladga:

If superhero’s are not your cup of tea, why comment on this thread then? Also kinda annoyed how some people judge something without even watching it. 

HorusRa2
19 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Well, not exactly the same plot, but the story beats and tones are pretty similar, with a big bad and all ending with a CGI action fest.

ummmm. all genres have a formula. that's why it's a genre. If comic book story archetypes aren't your thing or the others being hyperbolic in their description of said films, that's totally fine. But to suggest that they are somewhat mediocre because they follow the genre is a bit ridiculous. Additionally, translating a comic book medium to a film is just as difficult as book to film adaptations. It is what it is. 

As for Marvel movies as a whole. They generally meet the mark or exceed expectations and have done so consistently for a long time now. It would only be normal for them to produce a quote, "dud," occasionally. It is what it is. I'm sure this will be a fun popcorn flick to see at the cinema. Nothing remarkable but fun all the same. And we go to the movies to escape reality and to have fun. So long as it does that, it's done its job. 

MelbHawker

:toofunny:

I can already tell from the reviews that this is going to be one of my fave Marvel films. The Eternals are not the Avengers.. all these critics comparing the two need to zip it. The story this film / phase is exploring is so vastly different to what’s come before it, I think this film/story will be more appreciated/understood over time. 

CyanDante
38 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

When do superhero movies ever get good reviews from the critics anyway?

Black Panther had a 100% score at Rotten Tomatoes,! Most of them actually are quite acclaimed.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

lol if Marvel was not attached to this movie they would give it a good review :fan:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Chromatican
15 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

ummmm. all genres have a formula. that's why it's a genre. If comic book story archetypes aren't your thing or the others being hyperbolic in their description of said films, that's totally fine. But to suggest that they are somewhat mediocre because they follow the genre is a bit ridiculous. Additionally, translating a comic book medium to a film is just as difficult as book to film adaptations. It is what it is. 

As for Marvel movies as a whole. They generally meet the mark or exceed expectations and have done so consistently for a long time now. It would only be normal for them to produce a quote, "dud," occasionally. It is what it is. I'm sure this will be a fun popcorn flick to see at the cinema. Nothing remarkable but fun all the same. And we go to the movies to escape reality and to have fun. So long as it does that, it's done its job. 

Yes all genres have somewhat of a formula, but the MCU formula has been done 26 times in the last thirteen years, to the point that it has become repetitive. Watchmen, X2, Days of Future Past, and even movies like Deadpool add things to the genre to keep it fresh, but the MCU rarely takes big swings or makes anything that deviates from the formula in any major way. No gay characters, sex scenes, or anything too risky.

Chromatican
1 minute ago, River said:

lol if Marvel was not attached to this movie they would give it a good review :fan:

Why? MCU films have incredibly high RT scores, and this is one of the lowest.

CoolTrainerTerry

So people have been wanting Marvel to do something different, that isn't like their normal formula. Now they're doing something different, and it's all, "It's too different! It doesn't feel like a Marvel movie!" Make it make sense, people. :saladga:

And it's weird that their most diverse film is getting the most divisive response. :reductive:

Archived