💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Doja and Ariana didn't submit their collabs with The Weeknd for Grammys

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Flawless

Save Your Tears is a strong contender but I'm glad he's stooding his position to not be involved in the scammys after last year. Well done Abel :golfclap:

the scars on my mind are on replay.

24 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Grammy's are not VMAs or AMAs or any other fanbase voted awards, they will never be irrelevant imo, I don't think people will ever stop submitting their music to the Grammy's, it's The Weeknd vs the Grammy's and it will remain this way. So many artists didn't get nominated, although I wholeheartedly agree that the Weeknd deserved to be nominated and win. Calling them out was necessary, but then he went on and on and on about the Grammy's, in interviews, in magazine etc. It came across like he's trying to get validation by Grammy's. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/466534/grammy-awards-number-viewers/

I'd beg to differ. The numbers don't look good for them. Also there's just general consensus that the grammys, which were once considered a very prestigious award, are now kinda bs. Like the award itself holds so much less merit than it used to . And the viewership is declining. So again I'd say the weeknd debacle was pretty bad for the grammys' image.

Anderson123
2 hours ago, Oreo said:

This Weeknd Vs the Grammy's Beef is Meh, if his boycotting made any dent in their reputation, all other artists are submitting their albums and songs, it's not like his non submission is making any difference, I genuinely Love Abel but this decision was very immature and childish imo.

No way. I think he's doing the right thing. We all thought The Weeknd would sweep that year and Blinding Lights was THE song of the year so it's pretty shocking that he got 0 nominations. I'd have taken that personal too, especially because apparently they did it as a response to him picking the Superbowl instead.

Imagine Adele not getting any nominations back in 2012 or 2017 for 21/25. It was pretty obvious she dominated during those years so that's how it looks like when The Weeknd was missing there.

Teletubby
13 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

*looks at Ye* 

Kanye West's “Hurricane,” is submitted to best melodic rap performance (the Grammy entry credits featured performers The Weeknd and Lil Baby).

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

JusKeepBreathin
14 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Ye doesn't even know how to spell The Weeknd:billie:
E7z0gQTXsAg8zVQ?format=jpg&name=large

OMG what if he wins and when Abel gets his award it says Weekend.:billie:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

TortureMeOnReplay
14 hours ago, Oreo said:

Grammy's are not VMAs or AMAs or any other fanbase voted awards, they will never be irrelevant imo, I don't think people will ever stop submitting their music to the Grammy's, it's The Weeknd vs the Grammy's and it will remain this way. So many artists didn't get nominated, although I wholeheartedly agree that the Weeknd deserved to be nominated and win. Calling them out was necessary, but then he went on and on and on about the Grammy's, in interviews, in magazine etc. It came across like he's trying to get validation by Grammy's. 

They did get rid of committees though. And it's not just a decision they did because they thought it was the right thing. They did it because there's been pressure. 

Wolf Boy

Rich famous person with huge ego has a fit for not getting expected acclaim.

He does realise we have actual problems in the world right? Maybe he should work on humbling himself a little.

11 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

He does realise we have actual problems in the world right? 

This mindset is so sick :fail: 

12 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

He does realise we have actual problems in the world right? Maybe he should work on humbling himself a little.

It's always so childish when people say things like "there are bigger problems in the world" while they're not doing anything about them themselves:oops:

TruthTeaInYourCunt
On 10/25/2021 at 5:58 AM, Lighter said:

The Weeknd bitter and pretentious. how he gonna parade all that hatred for the Grammys when putting that much energy into something means you really care about it

Bitter and pretentious? What a joke. I'm pretty sure it would take more energy for him to submit than it does for him to just ignore the show.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:09 AM, Oreo said:

You're trying to make it seem like he's been on this huge campaign to cancel the Grammy's when that's simply not the case. If he does interviews and gets questioned about it, he responds. It's that simple. God forbid the man has morals or integrity and doesn't just continue to support the joke of an award.

12 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

Abel is one of the most charitable artists out there but I bet you didn't know that because he doesn't have to announce it all the time or use it as part of his image. He just does it. This man went from being homeless and living on the streets and now that he's able to he's giving back to the less fortunate and definitely doing something to help with world problems meanwhile you're sitting behind a computer telling him to humble himself. He's accomplished more than you probably ever will. 

*If this was Gaga you all would be behind her with torches and pitchforks* cliche but true.

Archived