💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J Balvin apologizes for “Perra” video

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Andrea B
17 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

Most Spanish speaking people just say Latin or Hispanic or Spanish we don't do all that Latinx or latine BS, that's literally something people outside of our group created for us that were just supposed to use 

I'm a full Latino/Spanish whatever and someone (a white cis person)  got mad at me for not using Latinx like GIRL IF U DONT BACK OFF :triggered:

You think non binary people are BS?:triggered: most hispanic people dont use latine bc they don't care about non binary people or they're not educated. 

I use all the terms tbh but I use latine when I'm with my friends bc some are nb and use the pronoun elle, its about respect

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NichuuB
19 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

Most Spanish speaking people just say Latin or Hispanic or Spanish we don't do all that Latinx or latine BS, that's literally something people outside of our group created for us that were just supposed to use 

I'm a full Latino/Spanish whatever and someone (a white cis person)  got mad at me for not using Latinx like GIRL IF U DONT BACK OFF :triggered:

I know, I mean, how am I even supposed to pronounce "latinx"? But I guess its the same way define anyone who comes from Europe as white, but I'm not sure. All I know is that I think this is term is kinda ridiculous, and more ridiculous is people trying to force us to use it. If you want to use, then use it, don't force others to:triggered:

Property of @Whale

2 hours ago, Debithius said:

I guess I got it wrong with the race stuff but that's not what a traditionally Germanic plain white dude looks like. Isn't that what americans refer to as white people?

You do know that white people aren’t all “germanic” right? Nordic white people look different then white people from the Mediterranean. Ariana Grande and Britney Spears are both Caucasian but look pretty different. That’s like saying all black people come in one shade. Like really gurl? 

latino isn’t a race. Hispanic isn’t a race. In Latin culture there are mestizo, white, black and everything in between. Why is this such a difficult  concept? 

HEARTSTOP

Ethnicity is more than just culture however. It has a lot to do with the group's origin. So, Germanic, Slavic, Uralic, Celtic or Latin Roman, while these are not "races" it still has to do with the history and origin of these groups. Black people or Asians for example didn't originate from these places.

There are black people in Asia. And they were originated there. Besides, if we go through the original origins, we may trace everyone back to Africa and the Middle East.

A black person whose family has been in the Germanic region for hundreds of years and didn't keep their original traditions over time is now a part of the (modern) Germanic culture. This person won't feel any relation to their heritage's original ethnicity, but they will still feel connected by the parts (experiences, struggles, etc) related to "race", because "race" is the only thing they kept.

My family can be traced back to the Moors ("invader" Muslims from the Middle Ages) but we have nothing in common with their ethnicity, even though we still have some visible phenotypes. Now, we have been "mixed" enough to not exactly resemble the "typical" Middle Eastern person, and to not have the same traditions and customs, but even if we didn't, we would always be considered white. The only difference would be our ethnicity being Middle Eastern instead of Portuguese (Iberian).

Either way, these divisions are kinda dumb and just prove how much we still have to evolve as humans. Individuals can't be reduced to strict boxes, especially because nowadays most people are a result of an insane mix of cultures, "races", heritages, ethnicities, experiences, histories, etc. There's no way to be accurate with labeling this simple, it's impossible to include everyone with such generic definitions, and there will always be people outside the norm that will feel unseen, restricted, or discriminated by these classifications.

I hope one day humanity can celebrate each other's differences while not using them as a way to treat people differently. 

IDGAF

Gaga2645

So I guess y'all call everyone with light skin white, got it.

But wasn't J Balvin also the one who critized Daddy Yankee for being too white to represent him? 

Race really comes to phenotypes so technically yes. 

MonsterPug
1 hour ago, LeJudas said:

I’m Latino and I’ve taken Chicano classes and some use ChicanX and also LatinX. These words are used mostly in college classes. My professors are older and most of them do have a hard time understanding these words. I like the way you pointed it out. People outside of our group created these terms for us. Nobody uses LatinX. Like when the lyrics for Born This Way reimagined were  changed to LatinX I cringed 😭 

hoeslay
1 hour ago, NicoB said:

I know, I mean, how am I even supposed to pronounce "latinx"? But I guess its the same way define anyone who comes from Europe as white, but I'm not sure. All I know is that I think this is term is kinda ridiculous, and more ridiculous is people trying to force us to use it. If you want to use, then use it, don't force others to:triggered:

THIS.

I don't have receipts for which country or WHO came up with latinx or latine. But I have seen NB people from MANY countries embrace it.  

IN SPANISH - who is saying LATIN or Hispanic. Those are English words. 

Re J Balvin I saw the pics from the video and deadass...you have to be really fcking ignorant or living under a rock to not immediately see how it looks problematic. If you're truly a great artist you can take different and more meaningful ideas/risks. It should be obvious to have not done that. I call absolute BS on his apology. 

LeJudas
23 minutes ago, MonsterPug said:

I’m Latino and I’ve taken Chicano classes and some use ChicanX and also LatinX. These words are used mostly in college classes. My professors are older and most of them do have a hard time understanding these words. I like the way you pointed it out. People outside of our group created these terms for us. Nobody uses LatinX. Like when the lyrics for Born This Way reimagined were  changed to LatinX I cringed 😭 

It's not like I hate it either if it helps members of our community then that's fine! It's just unnecessary tbh but at the end of the day it's not huge enough that we need to have a war to cancel those terms it would just make us look hateful lol even tho our main argument is that the old words were already inclusive/neutral :mark:

NichuuB
2 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

It's not like I hate it either if it helps members of our community then that's fine! It's just unnecessary tbh but at the end of the day it's not huge enough that we need to have a war to cancel those terms it would just make us look hateful lol even tho our main argument is that the old words were already inclusive/neutral :mark:

Yeah, I'm definitely not saying it shouldn't have NB terms. Just that I don't like the "x" alternative when there already is neutral alternatives, or we could use  terms finished with "e", use Elu/Delu, etc. Just not the "x"

Property of @Whale

Meruk Holland
2 hours ago, LeJudas said:

That idea that it comes from people outside of Hispanic culture is actually kind of the point. It's not a term to be used by Latin cultures, it's a term to be used by Anglican cultures to talk inclusively about people of Latin cultures. And it was likely preferred as a neutral term over "Latinos" because Anglican linguistics put more connotation the "gendered" versions of words like "Latinos/Latinas." English puts more emphasis on "gendered" language because it's occurrence is much rarer and tends to be reserved for expression/perception of individuals gender. 

Andrea B
4 hours ago, MonsterPug said:

how do you guys even pronounce latinx? latinix? with an ''i''?:bradley: I use latine bc it makes sense and all my friends use it(we live in México)

FFXIV WhiteMage

I wonder if he has a PR team. :huntyga:

How did such MV concept got through and was even premiered WW :fail:

SchwineLove
22 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Latino is his heritage, white is his "race".

Black is not a heritage, African, Middle Eastern, Asian is.

I need a proper formal education for this because so far Internet confused the hell out of me.

Not Chrissy Teigen
20 hours ago, NCgaga said:

You do know that white people aren’t all “germanic” right? Nordic white people look different then white people from the Mediterranean. Ariana Grande and Britney Spears are both Caucasian but look pretty different.

none of them are caucasian. u're trying to educate someone while making the same mistake 

JusKeepBreathin
18 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

That idea that it comes from people outside of Hispanic culture is actually kind of the point. It's not a term to be used by Latin cultures, it's a term to be used by Anglican cultures to talk inclusively about people of Latin cultures. And it was likely preferred as a neutral term over "Latinos" because Anglican linguistics put more connotation the "gendered" versions of words like "Latinos/Latinas." English puts more emphasis on "gendered" language because it's occurrence is much rarer and tends to be reserved for expression/perception of individuals gender. 

TBH this first explanation of this that makes sense. Thank You. 

Though I prefer they just said Latins rather than making up an entire new word. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived