Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J Balvin apologizes for “Perra” video

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

J Balvin has released a statement about his “Perra" music video, which he removed from YouTube last weekend.
"As a form of respect, I removed the video eight days ago," said Balvin. "But because the criticism continued, I'm here making a statement."

The music video, in collaboration with Tokischa, showed the Colombian artist entering “el bajo mundo,” where he met up with the Dominican newcomer. The Raymi Paulus-directed visual had Balvin tugging at two Black women on leashes, a group of Black people that were made up to look like dogs and Tokischa posing on all fours inside a doghouse.

"I want to say sorry to whomever felt offended, especially to the Black community," Balvin said in an Instagram Story, several days after the video was taken down.
"That's not who I am. I'm about tolerance, love and inclusivity. I also like to support new artists, in this case Tokischa, a woman who supports her people, her community and also empowers women."

"Mom, I'm sorry too. Life gets better each day. Thank you for listening to me," he added.
(a few days ago his mother commented on the video : “When I found out, I called him. Where is the Josesito that I know? That song is not … I don’t even know what to say … I no longer continued to watch the video, because I didn’t see my Josecito anywhere. ... My son was definitely wrong. “)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin/9650245/j-balvin-perra-video-apology/

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
11 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

The Raymi Paulus-directed visual had Balvin tugging at two Black women on leashes, a group of Black people that were made up to look like dogs and Tokischa posing on all fours inside a doghouse.

um wtf :awkney:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Plastic Flower

I find the lyrics worse than the video :toofunny: But yeah, Idk what went through their minds when they came up with... That.

Drop it

JusKeepBreathin

A white guy putting black people on leashes walking them and putting them in cages. 

Good for people to react the way they did.

I don't understand why put the children in the video as dogs too. Are they also sexually active like the lyrics suggest or is it just because they are black too?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I appreciate his own mother speaking out that it's shocking and immoral. Hope he learns (as well as Tokischa)

HEARTSTOP

I think the worst part is that he was the only one not disguised as a perro (dog), so he was perceived as the owner of the remaining people.

The thing about him being white and the rest being black seems like an added bonus to that problem. I think the cast was all black because it always is for Tokisha videos.

An obvious misstep, as he seems to not be a malicious guy generally.

IDGAF

Debithius
9 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

A white guy putting black people on leashes. 

Good for people to react the way they did. 

He is not white.

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Debithius said:

He is not white.

Gurl he's white.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Debithius
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Gurl he's white.

He is Latino, he isn't white.

HEARTSTOP
3 minutes ago, Debithius said:

He is not white.

Hispanic people can be black, white, mixed etc. One refers to origin, the other refers to "race"/skin color.

1 minute ago, Debithius said:

Selena, Xtina, etc are white af gurl

IDGAF

JusKeepBreathin
5 minutes ago, Debithius said:

He's and upper middle class white guy who grew up in Colombia. 

Latino is not a race and I don't even think he's mixed or mestizo. He is plane old white. 

pap-s-de-j-balvin.jpg

His parents are plane white people living in Colombia.

Debithius
2 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Hispanic people can be black, white, mixed etc. One refers to origin, the other refers to "race"/skin color.

Well he says that his hertiage is Latino so, he isn't considered white then. 

Joaco95
7 minutes ago, Debithius said:

He is not white.

Chile, I-

Also nobody said nothing to Tokischa but whatever

HEARTSTOP
Just now, Debithius said:

Well he says that his hertiage is Latino so, he isn't considered white then. 

Latino is his heritage, white is his "race".

Black is not a heritage, African, Middle Eastern, Asian is.

IDGAF

Debithius
3 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

He's and upper middle class white guy who grew up in Colombia. 

Latino is not a race and I don't even think he's mixed he plane old white. 

pap-s-de-j-balvin.jpg

His parents are plane white people living in Colombia.

I guess I got it wrong with the race stuff but that's not what a traditionally Germanic plain white dude looks like. Isn't that what americans refer to as white people?

Archived