💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Björk reveals details about her new album

tomsches

Featured Posts

tomsches

https://www.stereogum.com/2165063/bjork-new-album-details/news/?fbclid=IwAR3D-rFMcBrTf-3_olxMPWg8nsI9uAqB2mhZK2fkQgGxEgq4TnFFQB5H3Y0

She said it’s “for people who are making clubs at home in their living room, restricted to their ‘Christmas bubble.'” She compared the sound of the album to “a man who was headbanging, then sat down again and had another glass of red wine, and everyone is home by ten o’clock, done with the dancing and everything.”

Most of the songs I made are at 80-90 beats per minute, and the reason is quite boring: when I walk, I walk at this speed,” she also said. “But in this new album there’s a lot of chill in the first half of the song and a lot of calm in the second half, but when there’s one minute left the song turns into a club.”

• tomsches changed the title to Björk reveals details about her new album
Arcadia

It’s so cute that she said most of the songs are 80-90 bpm because of  the speed that she walks when coming up with the melodies. She said the exact same thing when talking about the making of process of Vespertine 20 years ago!

I’m excited. I hope the visuals are similar to the photo shoot she posted recently with the blue and yellow hair. 

alsemanche

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS RELEASE :giveup:

I just finished watching her secod live stream concert and I just can't believe how f*cking spectacular it was. It's rare to see someone still completely killing it so far into their career. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

chromaticabase
1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

It’s so cute that she said most of the songs are 80-90 bpm because of  the speed that she walks when coming up with the melodies. She said the exact same thing when talking about the making of process of Vespertine 20 years ago!

I love walking to the beat of songs but I'm gay so I walk at like 200 bpm

Wolf Boy

So an album with actual beats and melodies and not just experimental soundscape’s and whispering?…..

alsemanche
7 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

So an album with actual beats and melodies and not just experimental soundscape’s and whispering?…..

What are you referring to exactly? :bear:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

13 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Which album would this be mami lmao Utopia had arca beats which people lambast as too MUCH beat and Vulnicura had some HEAVY beats. And she’s changed vocals every album lmaoooo

When I read this earlier I nearly fell over lmao ma’am said CLUB again. Thank his because tbh a lot of club rn is just derivative of 90s house which I love but it could stand for a little fresh air.

love that she’s talking about dynamic songs and is also not doing another album related to the breakup since while i love both her last two albums a lot, I think she’s given so much to those themes already and then some that she can move onto other matter

2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS RELEASE :giveup:

I just finished watching her secod live stream concert and I just can't believe how f*cking spectacular it was. It's rare to see someone still completely killing it so far into their career. 

Legit it’s amazing to see her still out here innovating and devoting herself to her craft so much 40 some odd years in to her career

ChavaWM

I can't wait! I'm so curious as to what melodies she comes up with. Her delivery of words is always different.

I also got tickets to see her in LA, Feb 1st

Archived