Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga once said?

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Tonight, I want you to forget all your insecurities. I want you to reject anyone or anything that's ever made you feel like you don't belong or don't fit in or made you fell like you're not good enough or pretty enough or thin enough or cant sing well enough or dance well enough or write a song well enough or like you'll never win a Grammy or you'll never sell out Madison Square Garden, you just remember that you're a GODDAMN SUPERSTAR and you were BORN THIS WAY!"

:giveup:

“I feel like if you're a really good human being, you can try to find something beautiful in every single person, no matter what.”

"We have set a standard where it's not OK to act without morality and values and human respect. No person is better than another."

I live outside the space time continuum.

PartySick

"Alright, I got a question for you guys. How many people in the audience tonight don't know who Joanne is? C'mon, I wanna hear it, you can scream, who doesn't know who Joanne is? Ok who does know who Joanne is? Wow...that's pretty special. Well, just in case you think you know who Joanne is and you don't or you weren't screaming loud enough I'm gonna let you know right now.

So my middle name is Joanne and I was named after my father's sister, Joanne, who died in 1974 from an autoimmune disease called lupus. And I never met her, and she never met me, and we never knew each other, not even as a baby. She died when my father was 15 years old, she was 19 years old when she died. So she lived a very short life.

And when I was making this record I was in a lot of pain. And I was trying to make sense of all the pain. And I was really looking for strength. And I found so much strength in her because before she died, she wrote a poem. And my grandmother gave it me and in the poem she says "I know where I'm going". And I thought "what a brave young woman". She was like David Bowie to me, you know, making Blackstar. She was writing poetry before she died. And, you know, besides going through my own pain I always wondered about my father you know if I ever got to meet my real dad because he suffered so young from this trauma, from this thing that happened, it's almost like life blasted him so hard that it blasted me so hard that neither of us can remember who we really were in the first place.

So I'm gonna ask you now to go back a place in your life when maybe life blasted you so hard that you don't remember the person you were before it happened. That it was so difficult that it changed you forever. And maybe it even happened before you were even born, maybe it happened to your mom or your dad.

There's a lot of people that, for a long time, thought that they could never understand a woman like me. But I think we can all understand family 'cause you either got it or you don't.

And pain is an equalizer. So I'd like to say a big thank you from me and my family to all of you for loving and listening to this record that came from my heart.

And I'd like to dedicate this song to that person in your life that changed you. This is Joanne."

This is from my JWT date (not my video though). I was in tears by the time she started the song :bradley: this speech is why Joanne is my third favorite Gaga song :bradley:

🖤

Archived